Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 61959 times)

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• Salutes: 1
    • [TDP]
    • View Profile
Some suggestions
« on: May 25, 2015, 04:34:55 pm »
Hey everyone,

Pretty sure these might have been thought of already and it's just a matter of getting around to it.

1. More clan options
a) Clan charter: a place to list guild rules or information longer than 1 paragraph.
b) Clan ranks: A place to create ranks for your guild, and assign these ranks to members. Officer is to give powers, but ranks would have more of a Roleplaying purpose.

2. A way to talk to your guild while in game, meaning when im flying a ship and my clan is in a different match altogether. I know this might be possible already and I just haven't figured out how yet.

3. Eventually more customization on ships, possibly the ability to make our own flags for our ships or symbols, even if it comes with a .50 cent charge to do so. If you add a small editor for this, then players themselves could make ship decals, less work for developers, and each decal would be made available to be sold in the store.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:39:57 pm by John Roberts »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 04:51:17 pm »
Their is a round about way to voice chat with people in other matches. Party chat, just send an invite to party with someone, and if they accept, you have your own private voice chat. Standard button is Z.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 04:55:46 pm »
There is a workshop for creating custom items and art.

For clan chat I recommend a service like Teamspeak or Mumble. There are free servers available, or you can host your own.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 04:58:00 pm »
Awesome guys! thank ye

For the workshop how would said items created make it into the game for all to see? they need to be approved or just uploaded?

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 05:00:55 pm »
Awesome guys! thank ye

For the workshop how would said items created make it into the game for all to see? they need to be approved or just uploaded?

Uploaded to the workshop, and then approved by the devs.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 05:06:17 pm »
Thanks, guess I'll get into the workshop now since the ddos keeps dropping my connection none stop. :(

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 02:33:00 pm »
Names being taken forever isn't really a good policy.

It really isn't fair that I am spending money on the game, playing every day, and yet the name I want is taken by someone who no longer plays.

I've played many games where names were reserved once taken, and ALL such games had an expiry system on all names, player and guild alike. You must have an expiry system on names. It is ABSOLUTELY absurd to have names taken for 3 years and the guy never even logged in more than once.

Furthermore I really don't see the point to even reserving names. Most games today adopted a system where logins are unique per a person but character names can be anything you want. Much like in real life, if my name is Michael, I can meet someone else with the same first name as me, and yes, even the same last name. It in no way diminishes who I am. You can still charge for names, and even charge extra for wanting a name that is taken in my humble opinion. I'd pay $20 to get the name I want.

Anyway expiry systems if clearly laid out, would not offend anyone and you will find that the majority of players will love such a system. Such an expiry system would have conditions under which names expire. I understand MUSE is obligated to it's customers who play, that players may want to go on hiatus for awhile and be able to come back to what they have. But it's unrealistic to assume everyone will come back and it's unfair to have names reserved for posterity, so as a gaming company one needs to be balanced in the way they deal with old players and new players.

Keep in mind the expiry system ensures that the game is set in the moment, and is not some artifact for the past. People have to play, not have a museum in their steam library they never visit again where they reserved their names. Also keep in mind players can change ips, e-mails, and reserve many different names, and yet only play on one main account often, this again is not fair especially without an expiry system on names.

For players who own guilds with 5+ members:
Has not logged in for 2 years.
Sends reminders by e-mail every 6 months, that if you don't login your name may be taken.

For players in guilds:
Has not logged in for one year.
Sends reminders by e-mail every 6 months, that if you don't login your name may be taken.

For players not in guilds:
Has under 50 hours played in a year or has not logged in 1 year.

For guilds:
Guild has less than 20 members
Guild has not had anyone online for more than 6 months.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:45:56 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 02:56:55 pm »
Dread Pirate Roberts, level 1 in everything, last played 753 days ago, no guild. What a sad joke, no offense, but it's very absurd. That's one of the names I might have had, since Pirate roberts is taken by a level 10 player, who last played a month ago. Perhaps he will come back. But who knows, he might be another 753 days gone player too. His name definitely shouldn't be expired under an expiry policy, but the other guy? 753 days? level 1? no guild? Come on..
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 03:07:10 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 11:40:36 am »
I noticed the chats have filters for inappropriate words which is great since many kids might be playing. Just there is not much point to filtering every single chat mode since the game has mics and people can get away with saying anything they want in their microphone. Party chat is something private, made by players, we invite who we want and that means we are prepared to listen to whatever that person might say. Party has a mic chat, so why is the text even filtered there? Crew chat doesn't need to be filtered either, but that is actually debatable. Global needs a filter for sure. It may be possible to turn off filter and I just never found the option in which case ignore what I said above.

Other than that I noticed some moderators threatening to mute people who were spamming. I think other than help people, mods should do as little as possible, definitely time should be spent on development rather than policing. The mod was absolutely very nice about muting people and gave them fair warning. But a game itself can be designed to prevent spam and as such mods would not have to be involved. This also prevents people from directing their anger at anyone. IE you muted me, I felt it was unjust, I will cause more problems. If people are auto muted by the game for example such feelings don't exist as readily toward an AI.

I propose that if a person types really fast, every 0.5 milliseconds more than 3 times in a row the game itself can recognize that, and boots them from global chat for five minutes. Alternatively it can mute them for 5 minutes, or kick them from the game for 1 second. Meaning yes they'd have to relaunch the game, but they could get right back in instantly. All these consequences have been done in another game with great success. No spam there, and the game itself recognized spam accurately 100% of the time. So for example I am not sure 0.5 milliseconds is enough, it might be too little, or too much, someone has to play with the values.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:44:09 am by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 12:08:45 pm »
As for the chat filter, you can turn that off in the options.

As for moderators, mods aren't developers, mods are voulenteer members of the community with a track record of helping others. They do their best to keep the streets as clean as possible in a way that an auto mod, in my opinion, really couldn't. I think you may be posing a solution for a problem that doesn't  exist

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 02:24:18 pm »
Just an additional, the game already has an automated system to avoid chat spam within a set period of time.
The mods are extra measure to provide a service no AI can, and helps keep this community better than any other community I have been a part of.

Yes, bad eggs get in, its the internet, but most people will chill out once a mod speaks to them... Yet if it was just an automated system, nothing more, it'd be less effective than out awesome volunteers. :)

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 05:58:53 pm »
That, and the mods are generally some pretty cool people.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 10:27:18 pm »
Aye the mods are really nice. Wasn't suggesting to get rid of them, just meant not to have only them there.

But yeah it seems there is a system in place already! Awesome! You guys are on top of everything :) please forgive my ignorance :-\

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 03:59:58 pm »
Gamemodes
How do you like the idea of a New game mode called CONQUEST, you start with goldfish when you die, you spawn as junker, when you die you spawn as galleon, and you keep going down the ship line, team with no ships left loses. Or a game mode called CAPTURE, where if you kill enemy ship, he spawns again as part of your team. Games over when all ships are on your team.

More weather or environmental damage
Instead of dust storms, have giant tornado's on one map, which move randomly, need to evade them or take massive damage.
Instead of dust storms, have geysers, and a map with all holes on the floor where geysers erupt from randomly reaching high altitudes, ships can catch on fire.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:03:03 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 04:13:51 pm »
Ok, cool things, but Muse is currently putting most of their work into co-op and Adventure modes. We're unlikely to see a new map for awhile.