Author Topic: Display crews ammo/tools in lobby.  (Read 10408 times)

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Display crews ammo/tools in lobby.
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:35:22 am »
It is silly it is in spectator mode and not in lobby!  Would help setup crews so much. Team only display of course. Maybe even allow captain to set their ammo/tools. (And the damned AI also)

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Display crews ammo/tools in lobby.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:39:34 am »
Hmm quite a useful idea, no obvious downsides as such, but then again the UI is already pretty crowded, how are they going to get the loadouts of Crew in there? Also bear in mind it'd need to be near the names, which are cramped enough. I guess you could cram them into a corner or the left, but it would still be a nightmare.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 12:45:43 am »
Click a name, see their loadouts along with all the other stuff that lets you PM them and whatnot.  If nothing else works, that's always an option.  Would rather it be displayed along with everything else, though, it'd be best to see it at a glance.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:27:32 am »
I like the idea of being able to peek in on a players load out just like anyone can look at the ship, but I can also see that leading to exclusive methods in less experienced players that don't see the value in diversity of play styles.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:28:57 am »
Would certainly help prevent people from sneaking buff hammers on to my ship. 

As in just about every game I play-xxx please bring mallet spanner chem spray.  "ok" replies xxx

Two minutes into the game.  Xxx please get on the gun, what are you doing by the engine?  WHY DO YOU HAVE A BUFF HAMMER!!!!!!

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 04:05:18 am »
See, this is what I mean, Smollet and his unreasonable hatred for the hidden buff hammer.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 07:52:25 am »

As in just about every game I play-xxx please bring mallet spanner chem spray.  "ok" replies xxx

Two minutes into the game.  Xxx please get on the gun, what are you doing by the engine?  WHY DO YOU HAVE A BUFF HAMMER!!!!!!

awww now I wanna fly on Smollett's ship and be mischevious *evil laugh here* :P

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 07:58:47 am »

Good thing I didn't crew with him yesterday. I'm not sure if he would have appreciated by balloon buff farming very much :D

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 08:47:06 am »

This this so many times this >__< I had an eng earlier who had a buff hammer, spanner and fire extinguisher trying to main hull and who told me to "Stop crying" when I told him to at least bring a sodding pipe wrench...

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 09:31:06 am »

Good thing I didn't crew with him yesterday. I'm not sure if he would have appreciated by balloon buff farming very much :D

I suffered greatly at the hands of buff achievements.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 11:33:29 am »
I am a level 6 engineer because I refuse to ruin someone else's game in the quest for buffing achievements. I would like to see people's loadout, but I don't think a captain should be able to force it to their preferred specifications. Compared to pilot the engineer and gunner rolls have very little agency in this game. Reducing it even further would not make the situation better for most players. I would like to stick with the current system of captains cursing out the offending player mid game and blaming failure on them. How else will new players learn?

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 03:12:10 pm »

This this so many times this >__< I had an eng earlier who had a buff hammer, spanner and fire extinguisher trying to main hull and who told me to "Stop crying" when I told him to at least bring a sodding pipe wrench...

I don't lose my patience often, but if you're going to be on my ship you're either going to A) know what you're doing or B) listen.  Experiment on your own ship, I've got seven other people who want to win and I'm not about to deny them that just so you can farm an achievement.  It's not even an issue of not letting them have a buff hammer, it's just wanting them to ask beforehand so you can set your ship up for it or put them as something other than main engineer.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 01:20:17 am »
Gungineer, buff all you like.  Buff everything, he'll buff my steering wheel I don't care.  I'll carry one to, there will be so much buffing going on my ship it'll need to be censored.

Offline RaptorSystems

• Salutes: 6
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
    • Fab Lab Adelaide
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 02:51:23 am »
Actually, I dislike this concept.

It assumes the majority or the captain knows better than the individual player. For example I tend to use burst shot on the flak at times when my personal aiming skills are high for that extra shot, I don't want to be barked at for not taking heavy clip.

Why else would anyone need to see your loadout? I mean at times I haven't taken a fire extinguisher as an engineer, heresy I know.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 12:20:07 pm »
Actually, I dislike this concept.

It assumes the majority or the captain knows better than the individual player. For example I tend to use burst shot on the flak at times when my personal aiming skills are high for that extra shot, I don't want to be barked at for not taking heavy clip.

Why else would anyone need to see your loadout? I mean at times I haven't taken a fire extinguisher as an engineer, heresy I know.

That's more an issue with ammo choices almost being a no-brainer.  If you're on a flak your choices are pretty narrow, there's not a whole bunch of room for personal preference.  I usually let whoever go with heavy or burst on their own preference but I'll just say heavy to someone that needs a bit of direction.

I mean, I'd LIKE for there to be a lot more ammo choice for all weapons, with more ammos that reward higher-skilled gunners for every gun, but as it is right now that's hardly even an issue compared to the chore it is just trying to avoid your main gungineer from bringing lochnagar.