Author Topic: Update to AI PLS :(  (Read 18911 times)

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Update to AI PLS :(
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 07:43:08 am »
Well with the new update, no AI gunners. They will all run engi kits. Maybe a recommend class for ai from some presets. like buff and chem. Chem would be hard, but maybe if muse worked on it it would be good.

Eg,

Chem, Hull, Balloon hull, balloon, gungineer, buff

If chem then set order of components.

If guneineer then set main gun.

If buff, set which group to buff. Eg Engines, heavy or light guns or both, balloon, hull

Something along those lines would make playing with AI more fair. Obviously i think all the features that i just said should be nerfed to be basically useless, as like max they will just be like shooting ships though clouds and at the range of 400m+ hit every shot.

I don't believe this should be a thing, but it would be interesting.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:46:36 am by The Teenage Wizard »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 01:18:17 pm »
Wizard: I admit, if guns was offline, that system would be awesome, being able to give the AI their loadouts would be great..
But fir Skirmish mode, I have to say I don't like it...
AI are a last resort if you cant fill a ship with players, the community as a whole should be encouraging fillings lobbies without readying up with AI..
But the simple fact is, I think the AI are still too efficient at their roles... The fact some good and mediocre skilled pilots are able to take an AI ship out and grab a win shows that they are, in some cases much better than some players...
Which is quite saddening really..

But Nerf the AI and on the slow days when you just can't fill a ship, people wouldn't play full stop if the ai were so bad...
Buff the AI and then it encourages the anti-social activity of going in with AI crews for the sole purpose of avoiding other players... (Though of the people I know that do this, I can understand why some of them do it sometimes..)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 07:47:20 pm »
The AI are good enough. The main problem I have is that they don't automatically switch guns to shoot a targeted ship when their current gun has no arcs. Very frustrating when playing on a disconnected fish in novice match. The good thing about AI is that they keep moving and follow the two most important commands.

The end of AI gunners is very powerful because this means you no longer have to have a gunner on your crew when playing with AI. It used to be that if you die with F3 pressed you usually respawn with an AI engi. Now you can start with a spanner mallet buff engi if you only have one crew member.

For a while I played with only AI because it was impossible to get anyone to bring loadouts (~6 months pre MM). Had a 43 match win streak in an AI flame squid.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 07:59:39 pm »
This may be just a fluke on AI's part, but I have witnessed AI following (v)oice commands almost... reliably when they're in as you were mode

Still, 99% of times, I'd take any player over AI. So, working as intended?

fluke.

AI script only reacts to mode changing, repairing priority, targeting script (wat parts to hit) and captain spot to prioritise a specific ship to target.

Offline Pomalo D'Estyr

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 01:40:34 pm »
There are just a few things that would greatly improve the AI for me :

I the AI could follow a set of V commands, that'd be great, like as an engie, if I request help fixing the hull they'd come, or if I'm on the balloon and I request help fixing the hull they go fix the hull while I do balloon.

I think in general, if the AI could avoid being close to the actual engie, that'd be great!

There's also the fact that they don't use mortars very well that could be improved (and I don't know much about coding AIs, but maybe that's not too hard?)

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 03:26:16 pm »
There's also the fact that they don't use mortars very well that could be improved (and I don't know much about coding AIs, but maybe that's not too hard?)

AI are great on mortars and better than most players. I think AI shoot based on you and the target's vector, if vectors remain the same then AI won't miss. They're also good on the hades.

Offline Pomalo D'Estyr

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 04:48:48 pm »

AI are great on mortars and better than most players. I think AI shoot based on you and the target's vector, if vectors remain the same then AI won't miss. They're also good on the hades.

They're pretty good at aiming but they're lousy at timing, which can IMHO be improved.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 04:56:36 pm »
Again I will stress, AI are very unlikely going to receive improvements due to the anti-social issues it'll bring about, and lets face it, the removal of AI gunner is itself an AI buff.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 05:02:37 pm »
They're pretty good at aiming but they're lousy at timing, which can IMHO be improved.
Waiting to shoot until armor break? Prefiring mortar is important and it would be confusing if your AI mortar wasn't shooting. It's better for them to always shoot. I used to love AI double mortar pyra.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 07:24:26 am »
Waiting to shoot until armor break? Prefiring mortar is important and it would be confusing if your AI mortar wasn't shooting. It's better for them to always shoot. I used to love AI double mortar pyra.

I don't think he means waiting for armour break, but instead I think he means the AI should take into account ship, and enemy ship trajectory when taking shots...

Which I think no.
If a pilot wants to go out with AI, the pilot should be responsible for taking that into account.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 09:15:13 pm »
Anyone know if the creation of AI ships for co-op mode involved giving them competent AI crew or not?

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 09:20:00 pm »
I don't think the AI ships will be crewed, they'll be auto.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 02:12:59 am »
Jacob was responsible for helping Muse program the AI's flight behavior, but that's the best I can tell you...
As I'm aware there are not physically representatives of "people" on the AI ships..

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 10:10:11 am »
There is a light simulation of crews on AI ships, which takes into account the time it takes to get to and from certain components. Having a complete ai crew for every ship in co-op would be be both inefficient and not significantly improve behavior.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 12:22:06 pm »
There is a light simulation of crews on AI ships, which takes into account the time it takes to get to and from certain components. Having a complete ai crew for every ship in co-op would be be both inefficient and not significantly improve behavior.

That's how bad AI are..
Muse don't want them on the co op.ships! ;)