Author Topic: Custom keybindings  (Read 5507 times)

Offline DukeSovereign

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Custom keybindings
« on: May 17, 2015, 08:17:22 am »
I just started the game and I found I wasn't able to set certain keys to custom keybindings. Such keys were enter, home, end, page up, page down, and probably others.
Is there a way to use they keys? Is there a reason I'm not allowed to use these keys?

I don't use the standard wasd layout most people use, and being unable to use some of these keys hinders me greatly from being able to play the game effectively

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Custom keybindings
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 09:48:21 am »
just get a controller...

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 10:00:56 am »
That is incredibly odd setup, i mean... trying to simulate as a game designer, i would never come to think that maybe someone would use page up or down or home or enter for gameplay reason and setups. As much as i think it should be bindable, dont you think you have an outwordly obscure setup?

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »
just get a controller...

But Ceres, a controller doesn't have enough buttons!

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 11:39:55 am »
That is incredibly odd setup, i mean... trying to simulate as a game designer, i would never come to think that maybe someone would use page up or down or home or enter for gameplay reason and setups. As much as i think it should be bindable, dont you think you have an outwordly obscure setup?

I used to use those buttons, way back in the day. A setup from Maple Story, I think... Using arrow keys for movement and page up/down/home/etc. for functions and stuff.

A few left handed (mouse with the left hand) uses this setup. At the moment though, try to get use to a different setup...

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 06:39:59 am »
This is somewhat similar to another post regarding issues with controls however, I cannot remember where. :-[

Despite this, As an IT Technician and Programmer, I have not discovered or needed a usage of key bindings in such a manner.

I you wish to use key bindings to help with Guns Of Icarus, get an Massive Multi-player Online (MMO) Mouse. I have a Red Dragon Perdition which I brought cheaply on Amazon to experiment with and, I use it for everything now  :)

I have allocated the keys in this manner to help with my game play:

Look of Mouse side.

1       4           7       10
2       5           8       11
3       6           9       12

Buttons allocated:

1 = z
2 = x
3 = c
4 = 1
5 = 2
6 = 3
7 = p

Oh and the mouse has 5 profiles allowing for a total of 60 allocated buttons.
I still have not found a usage for the 16400 Dots Per Inch sensor... My 27 inch Monitor is not big enough for such pixel detection.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:44:21 am by The Mann »