Author Topic: Why should the many punish the few?  (Read 27423 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Why should the many punish the few?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2015, 05:12:20 pm »
I'd say we just avoid the holiday rush and up front consider GOIO console players as mere cattle to feed PC players.

waaaay ahead of you.

also vita support? what? why support such a bad poorly selling platform? Just not a sound investment. But yus in terms of the console wars. ps4 pretty much won going by sales figures.

Many meats will be grinded. Many a 10 year old will cry. Might even have to lower the requirements for joining AI just to bolster the numbers internally so I regularly get decent crew. Not as decent as I currently have... but eh...

better to have 4 working cogs than 2 or 3 excellent ones that are faulted because of 1 defective one that snuck into the killing machine.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2015, 05:58:54 pm »
Because there is already Unity support for Vita and it would have the power to run a version of GOIO on it. It also has control functionality that would work with GOIO. As long as Sony keeps treating Indie devs properly, it would be a decent bump.

The Vita's sales are all about it's memory which is overpriced. If Sony would get the spork out of it's butt and put the memory prices within reason, it would finally pick up steam. I love my little white AC Liberation Vita but I bought the memory for it with gift cards and on sales (which are rare). The OLED is gorgeous and it has a much better library of titles I want than what 3DS has. Sorry but I don't want every game I play to have Mario or Zelda in it. I've been there, done it. Not seen anything new since and I find it irritating that Nintendo can't develop a new IP without them. 3DS maybe has a handful of titles that interest me but even those are ones I can live without.

PS4 won simply because M$ cheapened out to push their Kinect crap. Hilarious that I saw it coming a mile away and M$ was all shocked people were going back to Sony. It was stupid. Sony did the Eyetoy gimmick years before and it never picked up steam. Kinect, while more advanced, was just the same thing. Sony learned, M$ didn't. Yay to Sony retaking the #1 spot. Now every cross platform game release has to note that it is 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbone. M$ can never escape from that unless they release new hardware. Which they could do and match Sony. The performance difference isn't drastic enough where the games would be hurt. It would just devalue the heck out of the original Xbones.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2015, 06:22:57 pm »
So basically vita is not that good. Its the modern day dreamcast.

even if it does have unity support and if the thing can even hold the memory to hold it.

it wont make much of a profit to justify the labour to port it. Labour that could be used on actually developing the damn game to competitive stability.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2015, 06:30:19 pm »
Well, I have to agree with Ceres. I think it's not worth bothering to make GOIO availible on PS Vita.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2015, 10:21:26 pm »
I'm talking about memory cards not internal memory. Sony took a good design from the PSP era and decided they wanted to have full control over it. So with the Vita it got Sony only memory cards and a bunch of system DRM because remember, PSP was a huge homebrew and fun hack machine. Publishers and studios hated it for that.

The system is otherwise fantastic. It should be a hit but because of Sony's choices with memory, it is only a hit in Japan. But hey, no region locking so they at least got that right. It does get more JRPG ports. However, you won't find them in stores. Lot of them go straight to digital or if they do retail, they aren't sold in a lot of places. Heck not even Gamestop gets some of the more rare titles.

The fact that Unity works on it and Indie devs have been porting titles to Vita, means it is open to Indie devs. Muse has stated they'd look into it if Sony sent them a Vita dev kit. But frankly, even with the Vita's power, I don't think we'd see it happen. If it did, it would have to be a trimmed version of GOIO. Something standalone or like COOP mode might work better. But realistically Sony needs to release a new handheld that replaces the Vita. Give it updated graphics/etc. About the only thing Muse could do with GOIO and Vita would be possibly a special Vita app that would function with the PS4 version. Sorta work as a 2nd screen to provide realtime info. Stat tracker sort of thing.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2015, 07:47:54 am »
ifs and buts but the sales numbers and the labour vs profit needed... says it ain't happening.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2015, 03:42:27 pm »
Well confirmed today. Muse only cares about fueling MM so enslaved to the masses we will remain.

Alright, here we go, MM has become my new 1.1. So hey, something to look forward to in 2yrs when Muse finally fixes it!