Author Topic: Map idea-Gabriel's Legacy  (Read 19334 times)

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Map idea-Gabriel's Legacy
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 11:04:48 pm »
The Icarus is a more realistic Airship, implying Hydrogen. A bunch of ceiling lights hanging out in a crowded room full of Hydrogen is not a good idea.

Not to mention the fact the Icarus crashed, and all the other ships in Guns of Icarus were pirates, who'd never work together to make a giant hanger which requires tons of hardwork to navigate, which also would take hours.

And clamsp + balloons = ripping. Airships aren't super precise, they'd have to move in very, very slowly, and from one exact location.

A giant crowded hanger doesn't seem so good now does it?

The map is called gabiel's legacy, not gabrial secret hanger.

Maybe so but you DID say "A huge underground Hangar with planes and ships from the first game"

Did that specifically imply it was the canon Icarus?

With the fame of the Icarus, wouldn't you think people would have copied the ship design?

No

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 11:46:57 pm »
Gabriel's Legacy

The legacy could be the ship design.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 02:00:34 am »
Gabriel's Legacy

The legacy could be the ship design.
No

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 09:28:34 am »
Yes.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 09:50:42 am »
Play Flight of the Icarus Shaded, It specifically says they were pirates.

No, silly, it's the people he saved who collected all the stuff.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 11:14:58 am »

Dude, Gabriel flew into a horde of pirates far to the south and died. NOBODY who he would have saved could have retrieved the Icarus. Gabriel was also a trader, who had the guns to defend himself. He didn't go around looking for people to save/

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 12:10:51 pm »
Well, my thought is that the Juggernauts had to be built somewhere, and that somewhere would have to be very large and very secret. Perhaps this would be the Juggernaut factory/hanger, and there could be a half-finished Juggernaut in there somewhere just to tease us with what it may have looked like completely.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 08:29:08 am »

Dude, Gabriel flew into a horde of pirates far to the south and died. NOBODY who he would have saved could have retrieved the Icarus. Gabriel was also a trader, who had the guns to defend himself. He didn't go around looking for people to save/

And we know this how?  Maybe they built airships themselves.  And yes, I know, and with his murderous, anti-pirate swathe through the sky, he opened up opressed towns for other trade.

Either them, or the factions mounted an expedition to retrieve the Icarus, and brought back the pirates they shot down too.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 04:22:06 pm »

And we know this how?  Maybe they built airships themselves.  And yes, I know, and with his murderous, anti-pirate swathe through the sky, he opened up opressed towns for other trade.

Either them, or the factions mounted an expedition to retrieve the Icarus, and brought back the pirates they shot down too.

Seeing how half of them could barely feed themselves, I doubt that.

Anyways, bottom line is, nobody would have cared to retrieve the Icarus.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 04:31:14 pm »
It's beyond the southern edge of the map. Lore-wise, its lost. It took years for other factions and cities to figure out airship technologies.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 08:44:26 pm »

Icarus was a legendary ship that made everyone copy his actions and fly into the sky as well.

He had the ship with a working Tesla gun.

The design of the Icarus made it possible fight off hordes of pirates BY ITSELF.

The game is constantly yammering on that all the factions are fighting to grab new technology, resources and weapons.... and you think no-one cares to hunt down the legendary ship that is to this day several decades ahead of current technology?

Ye..... just... just surrender to the awesomeness that is this map.

As I see it, Gabriel's legacy is a hanger is that basically the goddamn one piece. People fly all around the world looking for it. And when they do find it, they never make it back alive. Hence this hanger has been left preserved like it has been.

The mysterious guardian never shows itself until its too late. When two factions meet inside it just observes and then comes in and destroys any survivors.

Someday, people will find it en masse and decide to not fight each other for its treasure. But until then, they fight each other for it and weaken each other, falling prey to whoever comes for them on the aftermath.

So I say... the hanger has all these ships hanging...but te ground is full of broken ship parts to such a point that you dont actually see the floor. It's just piles of metal and wood.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:48:06 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 09:02:32 am »

Icarus was a legendary ship that made everyone copy his actions and fly into the sky as well.

He had the ship with a working Tesla gun.

The design of the Icarus made it possible fight off hordes of pirates BY ITSELF.

The game is constantly yammering on that all the factions are fighting to grab new technology, resources and weapons.... and you think no-one cares to hunt down the legendary ship that is to this day several decades ahead of current technology?

Ye..... just... just surrender to the awesomeness that is this map.

As I see it, Gabriel's legacy is a hanger is that basically the goddamn one piece. People fly all around the world looking for it. And when they do find it, they never make it back alive. Hence this hanger has been left preserved like it has been.

The mysterious guardian never shows itself until its too late. When two factions meet inside it just observes and then comes in and destroys any survivors.

Someday, people will find it en masse and decide to not fight each other for its treasure. But until then, they fight each other for it and weaken each other, falling prey to whoever comes for them on the aftermath.

So I say... the hanger has all these ships hanging...but te ground is full of broken ship parts to such a point that you dont actually see the floor. It's just piles of metal and wood.

The Icarus was probably stripped clean the second it crashed. Remember, Pirates.

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 01:00:12 pm »
Or Gabriel survived the crash then proceeded to Liam Neeson his way across the desert killing the what few remnants of the pirate horde that came to investigate the crash with a heavy wrench and a detached turret. Later forming a shadow guild of treasure hunters who have been subtlety controlling the direction of airship development while keeping the best stuff for themselves. Stalking the skies with the rebuilt and improved icarus hunting anyone doing a little to well without the concent of his organization.

Dreams aside what is the actual lore of the final flight of the icarus? All I remember is officially gabe went south and the icarus was attacked by pirates and he was never heard from again. I don't think there's anymore beyond that

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 01:04:18 pm »
I thought it was that he grew tired of humanity, so he flew south into the horde of pirates to kill as many as he could.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 01:23:10 pm »
I thought it was that he grew tired of humanity, so he flew south into the horde of pirates to kill as many as he could.

I believe that's it, yes.