Author Topic: Map idea-Gabriel's Legacy  (Read 19426 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Map idea-Gabriel's Legacy
« on: May 16, 2015, 02:48:58 pm »
With the Icarus as the center piece.

It is a giant subterranean hanger (with ceiling lights) that harbours a fleet of ships and planes found in Flight of Icarus (or as many say guns of icarus original). Creating a maze/grid-like like map with many nooks and crannies and gaps made by missing ships.

I say the size would be about as big as either duels or canyons (if the game can handle all the assets).

Because it is indoors, there is only hard cover and no clouds.

All the ships are held in place by giant girders and beams with docking bays that attaches the ships into walkways. Some of them have collapsed to make way for ships to move.

Ideal for mobile ships like squids but still has a few open spaces that can be used by galleons.

Spots are made and easily shaken.

each little docking bay i imagine looks like this. With ships suspended and latched into place by claws that hold them there. But from below instead of above like a ship in a bottle.

and pretty much arranged row by row like so.

Offline Ashunera

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Map idea-Gabriel's Legacy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 07:21:51 pm »
That would be really cool, a strain on lighter PC's to be sure, but really really cool

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 11:32:12 pm »
Perhaps a special map pack for advanced players (who might be more likely to have fancier computers)?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 04:31:57 am »
Perhaps a special map pack for advanced players (who might be more likely to have fancier computers)?

I'm going to look for you and I'm going to crush you for even suggesting map packs.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 08:16:12 am »

I swear to god you better be thinking they're free or I will whip your little pink puffball body into cotton candy.

JK.

But...

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:18:37 am by ShadedExalt »

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 08:44:54 am »
Yeah, the player base is small as it is. Map-pack is going to stratify the players and end up making things worse for everybody.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 09:14:17 am »
OK, OK, NEVER MIND

it was just an idea

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 12:25:53 pm »
The Icarus is a more realistic Airship, implying Hydrogen. A bunch of ceiling lights hanging out in a crowded room full of Hydrogen is not a good idea.

Not to mention the fact the Icarus crashed, and all the other ships in Guns of Icarus were pirates, who'd never work together to make a giant hanger which requires tons of hardwork to navigate, which also would take hours.

And clamsp + balloons = ripping. Airships aren't super precise, they'd have to move in very, very slowly, and from one exact location.

A giant crowded hanger doesn't seem so good now does it?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:29:53 pm by David Dire »

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 02:26:06 pm »
Wasn't it mentioned that all airships in GoI are based off of the theoretical vacuum airship technology?

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 02:56:44 pm »
The Icarus is a more realistic Airship, implying Hydrogen. A bunch of ceiling lights hanging out in a crowded room full of Hydrogen is not a good idea.
Wasn't it mentioned that all airships in GoI are based off of the theoretical vacuum airship technology?

I believe this solves that.
Not to mention the fact the Icarus crashed, and all the other ships in Guns of Icarus were pirates, who'd never work together to make a giant hanger which requires tons of hardwork to navigate, which also would take hours.

No, it obviously wasn't pirates, but the people Gabriel saved and helped.

And clamsp + balloons = ripping. Airships aren't super precise, they'd have to move in very, very slowly, and from one exact location.

Can't argue here.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 03:03:28 pm »
Play Flight of the Icarus Shaded, It specifically says they were pirates.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 03:36:31 pm »

The map is called gabiel's legacy, not gabrial secret hanger.

Offline Ashunera

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 04:15:15 pm »

Maybe so but you DID say "A huge underground Hangar with planes and ships from the first game"

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 04:17:30 pm »
Could be like a historical museum deal, with older technology and aircraft on display

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 08:38:04 pm »

Maybe so but you DID say "A huge underground Hangar with planes and ships from the first game"

Did that specifically imply it was the canon Icarus?

With the fame of the Icarus, wouldn't you think people would have copied the ship design?