Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 17388 times)

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
What is this?
« on: May 11, 2015, 07:03:57 am »
I think this has already been discussed in a previous thread but

What is this?

Offline QUY

• Salutes: 6
    • [♞]
    • View Profile
Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 10:44:18 am »
to me it looks like a mosque to me

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 12:50:47 pm »

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 12:58:28 pm »
looks like the stripped hull of a Fjord barrony ship with its twin tails stuck in the ground and the bow pointing skyward:
The ship to the far right:

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 04:45:02 pm »
Always thought it was part of a train station. However, the more important question is: How is that still standing?!

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 01:03:13 am »
Rule of Ruin, it'll stay standing until someone decides to stand near it, and then fall on them.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 02:15:57 am »
Its too big for a piece of a building, but it looks like the structure of the middle platform of a ship, but it is standing upright.

If wede see the whole thing, maybe we would have an idea of what it really is.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 03:45:28 pm »
If we recall the gargantuan size of the Blackcliff Metal works, and the monumental weaponry and defenses in Firnfeld, I would say that that structure is a piece of a factory, perhaps the entrance.

The location of Canyon is unknown, but the massive gears and works all around Red Sepulcher show that huge factories were a thing. Monumental factories that would be what we would consider a manmade mountain. Just looking at the Juggernaut on Dunes shows that mammothine building projects were not only common, but necessary.

With the smoke-stacks and other bits of material around Canyon, I would say that that arch is all that remains to a gigantic factory.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 04:52:42 pm »
I just did some quick fly-arounds, and did some deducing.

The tall round 'pipe' towers are not smoke stacks. They are support pylons that carry power to whatever was at the top. If you look at the one laying down between the rocks, a bit of the outer structure is loose. Under it, you will find a ton of conduit.

The square towers look to be designed to carry fluids.

There are remains of steel buildings and fluid tanks at the base of the towers. The steel buildings have lots of grid-type windows, like you would see in warehouses or factories, not housing or defense. They are too small for factories, so I am leaning towards warehouses.

There is a very large vent in the north of the map, indicating there is something extremely large underground.

There is also a train station somewhere nearby, either destroyed, underground (the tracks do enter a tunnel), or off the map.

The structure in question is large enough for any ship to easily pass through, and it does look like an extravagant gate.

So, whatever it was was very tall, supplied power and fluids (fuel, likely), and likely supplies to whatever was at the top, and could easily accommodate internal passage of ships. It is also part of a much larger underground structure.

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that we are looking at the remains of a massive skydock, likely for supplying Leviathans(Juggernauts) and smaller ships with fuel, supplies, and lift gas. I would say it is pre-war, since it is both fancy and indefensible.