Author Topic: Underdog System  (Read 45773 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Underdog System
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2015, 04:41:22 pm »
I'm assuming underdog is only available in MM lobbies not custom lobbies.

huh... I doubt it as underdog generally is created by intentional stacking.

MM itself is the anti-underdog.

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2015, 09:19:23 pm »
Hi everyone, I don't want to disrupt the flow of discussions in the forums, and I really dislike censorship or anything that is remotely opposing free speech.  We're also here to provide service, so we typically don't like to interject in discussions.  However, recently I've noticed some hate, discriminatory language that are gross violations of our community standards, terms of use, and the spirit of our game and community.  I apologize in advance, but we will be taking closer moderation actions, including bans.  It's not something I like to do, or enjoy doing, but we have to look towards the greater community at large.  Thanks, Howard

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2015, 01:09:58 am »
As a followup to Bubble's post, here is the link to the Community Standards - remember, this is applied in-game, on the Guns of Icarus Online official forum and website, and on any other social networking group or communication channel established and maintained by Muse Games for the Guns of Icarus Online community.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2015, 05:31:22 pm »
However, recently I've noticed some hate, discriminatory language that are gross violations

Where? I looked for some hateful, discriminatory language in this thread and couldn't find any, could someone send me the link to the thread page where that's going on? Did they removed it already?

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2015, 05:36:30 pm »
Back on topic, I have yet to see people leave in large numbers after being labeled underdogs. I'm not sure if enough people understand the awesome Underdog system enough to either be encouraged or discouraged by it. There should be a poll taken to see how many people care about their W/L ratio/Win-streak, because I know I myself and a lot of people I know care about it greatly, but I wonder how many don't.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:38:14 pm by The Sky Wolf »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2015, 05:41:57 pm »
That's the thing, underdog matches don't affect your KDR or whatever other number you fawn over. They're just less enjoyable.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2015, 10:04:11 pm »
However, recently I've noticed some hate, discriminatory language that are gross violations

Where? I looked for some hateful, discriminatory language in this thread and couldn't find any, could someone send me the link to the thread page where that's going on? Did they removed it already?

Hopefully it got deleted.  I reported a post for hate speech/slurs but I'm too lazy to go back through the thread to see if it's still there.