Author Topic: The perfect crew  (Read 19566 times)

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: The perfect crew
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 04:20:20 pm »
Captain    M.bision
Gunner    Mega man
Engineer nightcrawler
Aux  akuma

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 05:59:38 pm »
Captain and auxiliary: Lieutenant Colonel John Smith
Pilot: Captain H.M. Murdock
Engineer: Sergeant First Class Bosco Baracus
Gunner: Lieutenant Templeton Peck

If you can find them, maybe you can hire them.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 06:35:20 pm »
Captain: Swedish Chef
Engineer: Chewbacca
Gunner: Togepi
Float: Kenny

Just imagine the voice chat.

Hervy Dervy Goldyfishy broom broom!

RRRRRR, MRRRRRRRRRROWWW

TOGEPI! Togepitogepitogepi! TOOOOOOGEEEEPIIIIIII

mrf mrf mrf mmh mmh mhh

Offline Meriwether

• Salutes: 8
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 06:47:26 pm »
Captain/Pilot:  Captain Malcom 'Mal' Reynolds ("Firefly", 2002) - No-nonsense captain, capable pilot, braver than a honey badger, inspirational leader, commands loyalty from crew.

Engineer:  Dr. Octopus ("Spiderman") - technological know-how and many limbs!  This guy can build fusion reactors and can hold a tool with each limb, with some spare limbs to scratch a crew member's itch should they have one.

Gunner:  Alex Rogan ("The Last Starfighter", 1984)  - Video game kid turned galactic saviour.  Will hopefully bring Death Blossom ammunition for his gun.

Auxillary:  Tron ("Tron", 1982) - He knows tech, he knows trajectories.  Ideal all-rounder, 'nuff said.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 09:21:39 pm »
Captain: Ender Wiggin (Ender's Game)  - Tactical genius who can forge a winning team out of anybody
Engineer: Kaylee (Firefly) - She can keep the old girl in the air no matter what falls off
Gunner: Hlaine 'Mad' Larkin (Gaunt's Ghosts 40k) - Noted for blind fire headshots on heavy weapon crews behind soft cover
Auxiliary: Tony Stark (Marvel Comics) - Decent shot capable of jury rigging anything into a weapon.

Good Lord, that is a damn fine crew. All you gotta do is remember, the enemy's gate is down. My only change would be from Kaylee to a Huragok, from the Halo series. These guys can fix machines on a molecular level in seconds, able to disassemble and reassemble a car within seconds, usually resulting in a much efficient remodel. Also, they can fly, so they can access areas other engies simply can't.

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 09:34:04 pm »
Captain: Qui Gon Ginn from Starwars episode 1
Engineer: Dave Mustane from Megadeth (he is always given the short stick, so he will work twice as hard to prove his worth)
Gunner: Anderson Cooper (he has a good eye for detail)
Aux: Michelle Obama (she could dress the crew)

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 09:41:48 pm »
Captain: Swedish Chef
Engineer: Chewbacca
Gunner: Togepi
Float: Kenny

Just imagine the voice chat.

Hervy Dervy Goldyfishy broom broom!

RRRRRR, MRRRRRRRRRROWWW

TOGEPI! Togepitogepitogepi! TOOOOOOGEEEEPIIIIIII

mrf mrf mrf mmh mmh mhh

We have a winner, folks!

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 10:14:52 pm »
Hmm... choices choices.

Captain:  Ahab

Engineer:  Perth-Ships blacksmith and carpenter.

Gunner:  Queequeg- That there be a whale's eye. 

Auxiliary:  Fedallah-  The figure that now stood by its bows was tall and swart, with one white tooth evilly protruding from its steel-like lips. A rumpled Chinese jacket of black cotton funereally invested him, with wide black trowsers of the same dark stuff. But strangely crowning this ebonness was a glistening white pleated turban, the living hair braided and coiled round and round upon his head.

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 09:20:24 am »
Captain: Jeff "Joker" Moreau (Mass Effect)

Engineer: Kaylee Frye (Firefly)

Gunner: Cameron Phillips T-900 series Terminator (Sarah Connor Chronicles)

Gungineer: Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect)

For reasons.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »
Captain: Ender Wiggin (Ender's Game)  - Tactical genius who can forge a winning team out of anybody
Engineer: Kaylee (Firefly) - She can keep the old girl in the air no matter what falls off
Gunner: Hlaine 'Mad' Larkin (Gaunt's Ghosts 40k) - Noted for blind fire headshots on heavy weapon crews behind soft cover
Auxiliary: Tony Stark (Marvel Comics) - Decent shot capable of jury rigging anything into a weapon.

Good Lord, that is a damn fine crew. All you gotta do is remember, the enemy's gate is down. My only change would be from Kaylee to a Huragok, from the Halo series. These guys can fix machines on a molecular level in seconds, able to disassemble and reassemble a car within seconds, usually resulting in a much efficient remodel. Also, they can fly, so they can access areas other engies simply can't.

Never played the Halo series, so I don't know these Huragok. Still I would rather listen to Kaylee give me a damage report.

Also imagine the kind of conversations Kaylee and Stark would have. Kaylee has more experience fixing things under duress which is why I want her for my primary engineer. Stark is better at optimizing weapons and has no qualms about using said weapons on other people (where as Kaylee does). That is why he is my gungineer.

Mad Larkin just doesn't miss and he seems to ignore cover. This is the type of guy who could shoot out the turning engines on a squid through cloud cover at 2000 meters by just examining the exhaust trail.

Ender Wiggin has the three attributes of a good captain: piloting skill, tactics, and leadership. I am not 100% sure about piloting skill but I am sure his tactics and leadership will make up for it. Also there is no character in fiction who has shown a better grasp of a 3 dimensional battle field than Ender. With the possible exception of John Geary (Lost fleet series). But John Geary entered his series with the status close to that of a living god, and spent the rest of the series dealing with people who were trying to usurp his position. Ender started his series as the kid nobody wanted, and ended up trusted with the fate of humanity and with a following of friends so loyal they would "follow him out an airlock without a suit" if he needed them to. Now that is leadership.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 06:08:28 pm »
Captain: Mike, from The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, via remote control (He is a computer, and he successfully projected the probability of victory in a rebellion some 5 years in advance. He could just tell the enemy "There is a 92.4 percent chance you will die horribly" and have them surrender. Also, if he dies, no problem, just remote control him to another ship.)
Engineer: von Neumann machine (A machine capable of duplicating itself and producing anything needed. Theoretically, we could use these guys to colonize planets.)
Gunner: Legolas from LotR (I don't know why)
Gungineer:  Maxwell from scribblenauts. (Need a screwdriver? Got a screwdriver instantly. Need an army of rabid werewolves? Boom, there ya go. Need to go out with a bang? Meteor.)

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 05:55:26 am »
Captain:  Khan (Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan)
...what can I say...it's Khan.

Engineer:  John Hammond  (Jurassic Park)
Hey...he created Jurassic Park, he should know how to rebuild stuff

Gunner:  Drago (Dragon Heart)
He's a dragon...and he has Sean Connery's good voice...maybe he can't use the guns...but who cares...he's a dragon...

Auxhillary Engineer/Gunner: Philip Asshole (Spaceballs)
He's my cousin.