Author Topic: Community Gets More Toxic With Every Update  (Read 22574 times)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Community Gets More Toxic With Every Update
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 11:27:23 am »
Community Ambassadors Do not police the game we are teachers / Guides for the game. Maybe you meant to say Mod and not CA but Ca's do not ask players to leave lobbies nor do they threaten players. If we find a troubled player the most we do is file a report or ask for a Mod to come handle the situation.  I strongly disagree with a lot of what you have said but you do make some small good points as well and that's where I will leave it at that.

o7

Are you talking on your own behalf or the entire ca staff? ;)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 12:03:40 pm »
As far as I know CA's don't have the power to Kick people out of lobby. There have been several instances where a CA has been in a game and a player really needed to be kicked off their ship  (AFK for more than 15 minutes in the captain slot) and the CA couldn't do anything about it. CA Mods on the other hand do have the power to kick people off ships, force games to start and probably a few other neat tricks. Muse tagged users have even more power. I hear they can Nerf your favorite gun and add new game mechanics just to piss you off.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 12:10:45 pm »
As far as I know CA's don't have the power to Kick people out of lobby. There have been several instances where a CA has been in a game and a player really needed to be kicked off their ship  (AFK for more than 15 minutes in the captain slot) and the CA couldn't do anything about it. CA Mods on the other hand do have the power to kick people off ships, force games to start and probably a few other neat tricks. Muse tagged users have even more power. I hear they can Nerf your favorite gun and add new game mechanics just to piss you off.

/Call down the power of Thor to smite you

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 12:11:28 pm »

;)

Oh, I recall my days as a dev. I had all kinds of powers. I could kill players, create storms, make it so foggy you could not see, then change the color of that fog to any color I wanted, along with turning the sky red. We only enacted those powers during events, though. I made black fog and red skies and stacked furniture for one Halloween, then randomly levitated players. Another time, we basically ended the world for an update. All sorts of hell went down. We had been building up to that point for weeks, dropping little hints here and there, writing massive amounts of lore that was about to be revealed, and orchestrating all sorts of 'happenstance' events. Last thing players saw before the server went down was complete black as we filled all areas with 100% black fog (blind), and a server message "Prepare for update." The community basically exploded in excitement. I was personally in change of a good portion of it. So much fun... Then, of course, the project leader who OKed it called it off after the event went down and basically undercut the entire Settings team that had worked for months to get to that point. Server went back up unchanged. The reason was never fully given. The coders said it was ready. Moral hit the fan.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:29:44 pm by Richard LeMoon »