Author Topic: Alternate Engie Stamina: Reach  (Read 3394 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Alternate Engie Stamina: Reach
« on: May 04, 2015, 06:07:27 pm »
So gunner and pilot stamina seem to be nice additions that augment game play in interesting ways, but the engineer stamina seems more of a hindrance than an asst. With a slow computer and occasionally spotty internet connection I frequently get stuck on ship geometry. With the addition of a faster movement rate getting stuck has gotten much easier, and thus my engineer has become less effective when using stamina.

I propose that when an engineer has stamina active they can reach components from further away. That way the engineer can still reach a component 1/2 a second faster than another class without having to worry about clipping into a rail. It would also open up some more interesting Parkour routs and ninja repair angles that the other classes would not be able to do.

This range could be enough to reach the galleon's main engine from the bottom deck without relying on the trick jump to being able to repair the mobula's balloon from the hull side cavity.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Engie Stamina: Reach
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 06:22:48 pm »
Perhaps in addition to reach, increase the angle from which you can repair things? Right now, you can only hit components from a certain angle. A real grease monkey can fix things from many angles. Where do you think the 'monkey' part came from? Anyone who knows mechanics knows what I am talking about.