Author Topic: Why  (Read 17545 times)

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Why
« on: May 04, 2015, 12:41:48 pm »
Finally saw the new UI from a screenshot on here, and;

Why is the Team Point Counter so frikin big and annoying? It seriously looks like something you'd put in a game that's made for kinder gardeners. Thank you Muse, but, the way to solve the noob problem is ~not~ appealing to said noob's age group.

Also, what's the point of the new Compass if you take up more space with the new Point Counter? In fact, now it seems like you can barely see the Compass on half of the maps.

And thanks for the big-ass Stamina counter in the bottom which completely blocks everything. I'm sure that will totally help Engineers on the gun when components near their bottom-left are broken.

Why are the notches in the Health counter gone? Do you just want to make it harder for me to relay how much health I have to my teammate, and/or just make situations where my ship has low health MORE stressful?

Also, it's nice to know you can now tell me what Equipment I have when I look at a gun. It's not like said equipment is on my bottom UI or physically appearing in the left screen or anything.

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Why
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 12:43:15 pm »
Because the best way to give feedback is evidently condescending sarcasm

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 12:44:47 pm »
Because the best way to give feedback is evidently condescending sarcasm

I'm even sure why I need to make this post, the new UI shouldn't exist in the first place. Personally I stopped playing when Stamina came around.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 12:51:30 pm »
I sent a long email about it. I'd suggest you do as well.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:24:35 pm »
I hear ya David, other than official team practice I wont play GOIO. As a graphic designer and a fan of what goio once was I cant bear to look at that amateurish monstrosity.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 01:25:42 pm »
Showing the active ammo in the gun as a tool is a bug that occurs when someone else loaded the gun and you shot the clip which then reverted to regular ammo.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 04:43:56 pm »
I mean, if we're getting so noob friendly, why can't we just add boarding already? Who cares if it's mechanics are so crappy a three year old could code it, we apparently think noobs are our gods now. So we should obey our Deities and add more completely stupid features which strive away from the original goal of GoIO.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 04:50:32 pm »
I like the new compass. Much easier to read on the fly. Someone gives direction, I can find it faster vs the old one. The excess lines/etc on the old one tended to blend in to me whereas this is much cleaner and the words clearer. Don't care about the point setup. It doesn't distract me.

The ship hp and gauges are a little too simplistic and small. Course I want those in center screen where my eyes don't have to look so far away. But I've wanted that for awhile. However, I've gotten used to it as it is.

Offline Netheron

• Salutes: 1
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 05:53:41 pm »
Something that was brought up by one of my friends was that the ship icons on the compass are not only so small that they are hard to interpret, they are also off-center. This makes identifying targets quite hard when looking out in the distance at two ships, one of which is an ally. I'm also not a fan of the pure white Ui, it doesn't match the damaged component popups or the gun interface.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 08:33:20 pm »
Forget heatsink!

Also it says we are blue when we are red team. I'd assume the arrow pointing to the colored ship is supposed to be your team but it's sometimes different for each player.

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 09:07:43 pm »
It's been ages since I played this game. Seems like it was good thing I left when I did.

On the other hand, there's still hope for me that I might come back to the game someday. Perhaps when the stamina and UI get removed/redone.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 09:59:37 pm »
Honestly, stamina isn't all that bad for the game. I say that not as a CA towing some line, but as a player who knows this game better than most people and someone who loves this game a lot. At worst it's silly and a little broken, and at best it's kinda fun. Richard's had some great commentary on stamina for each class and I agree with most of it.

The UI is the biggest issue so far, and Keyvias said in a post on the Steam forums that Muse has recently hired a new UI guy to redo everything.

The end is most certainly not near

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 06:45:55 pm »
I thought it was well-known that the current HUD is temporary and was released just to push Stamina out of the door? Yes they're going to fix it. Yes it will be steampunky and amazingly well thought out like everything else is.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 08:21:14 pm »
Well.... no on the steampunky bit. This UI is more inline with what they originally planned, and the other had deviated. While I disagree with the choice, until we have custom UI editing, the aesthetics are their decision.

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 12:46:05 pm »
I feel like the point counter is off-center. Maybe it's the numbers?

Seconded the point about ship icons on the indicator being hard to see, especially if the skybox is also the same colour.