Author Topic: Was GOIO A Fluke?  (Read 73445 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Was GOIO A Fluke?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 03:23:03 pm »
One thing to remember is that, like every company, they need to make a profit to survive. I'm am so thankful that GoIO isn't a subscription or a pay to win game. But those are two popular ways to make revenue. They need those sales to make profit. Yes plenty of the new players don't stay, but some do. And they are more likely to buy stuff in the store. For those who say that it is not their job to encourage new players, then your willing to let this game die. If MUSE can't make enough money, then they won't be able to maintain this game. Hence, the sales, to 1) bring in new players, and 2) make profit.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 03:58:36 pm »
One thing to remember is that, like every company, they need to make a profit to survive. I'm am so thankful that GoIO isn't a subscription or a pay to win game. But those are two popular ways to make revenue. They need those sales to make profit. Yes plenty of the new players don't stay, but some do. And they are more likely to buy stuff in the store. For those who say that it is not their job to encourage new players, then your willing to let this game die. If MUSE can't make enough money, then they won't be able to maintain this game. Hence, the sales, to 1) bring in new players, and 2) make profit.
Don't forget they had a Kickstarter which reached over $200,000. If they need to take such drastic measures to maintain a somewhat good income then that Kickstarter was more Irrational than Pi.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 04:00:32 pm »
Don't forget they had a Kickstarter which reached over $200,000. If they need to take such drastic measures to maintain a somewhat good income then that Kickstarter was more Irrational than Pi.

drastic measures? can i ask what you are referring to please?

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 04:01:33 pm »

drastic measures? can i ask what you are referring to please?

As in, adding completely unasked for features which mostly benefit new players in such a way they have a better experience. Except, said feature doesn't require as much effort.

Next up: Let's add mods that you can instantly download to your game, made by the community, of which you have to pay for.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:09:15 pm by David Dire »

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 04:11:26 pm »
As in, adding completely unasked for features which mostly benefit new players in such a way they have a better experience. Except, said feature doesn't require as much effort.

am assuming you are referring to MM and Ui changes,

Match making was always going to happen, i think when the ps4 crossover was discussed so ps4 users didn't have to scroll down endless matches on a list, and it was streamlined for newer players also who basically didn't know what they were doing or looking for, and kept asking how to make up servers and games then no one would join, Match making helps the system and provides a streamline experience on paper, like i said in previous post it is intended for high volume of players which is always a hope and should be prepared for, because during spikes it is everyone who suffers due to lag and confusion mainly.

The new Ui was for stamina and hasn't been out long enough to get a response from everyone who plays to see if it helps newer players, but in the next few days no doubt it will get feedback and may or may not be tweaked, it has been out less than a week, nothing starts out perfect continuous improvement will happen, and i don't understand how adding a new feature to game play recently a new heavy weapon and a easier way for everyone to find a match is drastic or only for new players?

custom games and a list still exsist so you never need to join mm you can make a game recruit from global or open up to queue if you prefer to wait in a lobby rather than in a queue, and the ui is getting mixed reviews but as stated above may or may not change, its main focus is to make things visual and help,

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 04:15:20 pm »
MM? No, MM's *just* Bearable. It's still terrible, but it works.

Stamina is completely unneeded and unasked for. It only helps Newer players, and, probably barely helps at that. I wouldn't know, I stopped playing.

UI changes are completely asinine. I already addressed everything wrong with it *all of it* in my Other thread

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 04:17:48 pm »
did you stop playing because of stamina update? and the ui change?

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 04:18:14 pm »

Stamina, yes.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 04:19:21 pm »
Stamina is completely unneeded and unasked for. It only helps Newer players, and, probably barely helps at that. I wouldn't know, I stopped playing.
ok then

Ive had people ingame say "The ui seems so much cleaner now".
And the UI to me doesnt bother me much.

I dont know what to explain because i see no problems. I had problems with the previous UI but ive come costum to it.
Now we have a new UI. Ok, and it adds to the gameplay in some areas.

This feels alot like facebook update complaints.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 04:21:45 pm »

Stamina, yes.

Can i ask why please?

You don't need to use it, it is just a feature that can be used to provide short bursts of assistance? do you think it is too much of an advantage for people who do and you choose not to?

also lastly why do you hate it enough to stop playing?

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 04:30:18 pm »

Stamina, yes.

Can i ask why please?

You don't need to use it, it is just a feature that can be used to provide short bursts of assistance? do you think it is too much of an advantage for people who do and you choose not to?

also lastly why do you hate it enough to stop playing?

It completely destroys the point of working together, communication, proper skill usage, and Management skills.

If a gunner is out of arc, he should inform his captain, not just use his Drug-levels of physics abuse.
If an Engineer is so bad he can't time his hits right and cries so much about getting to the hull a second too late, making him die, than he should get better or get out.
If a pilot is whining about skills hurting his oh-so-precious engines or said skills not being good enough, obviously he can't actually use them.

If you'll notice, all of those are skill-based.

Of course, nowadays Video Games are basically "If I'm not good at it, it's too hard" so why not turn this into a game where you cannot possibly lose?

I'd much rather prefer some getting used to actual work than everyone getting someone to hold their hand.

Also I remember this game being about teamwork, right? I mean, all of the Stamina usages are completely useless if you actually used teamwork. In which case Stamina is basically just a bump in the ceiling to make 100%proswag360noscopeplayers even better.

TL;DR I prefer using skill over more crutches. It's getting awfully hard to find games that use teamwork nowadays.

Guess I'll just keep playing Verdun forever now.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:32:14 pm by David Dire »

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 04:34:48 pm »
That is the most whiny comments ive seen in for this update. And it is completely unjustified.
Not only dont you know because you dont play. None of the things you said are true!

Gunners STILL ask for arcs.
Engineers STILL have a problem with timing in areas.
Pilots STILL have to use tools and sacrifice component health.

If you think that stamina made people rambos, then be my guest and go full AI ship against a competant crew.
Nothing really changed, just added.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 04:37:10 pm »
That is the most whiny comments ive seen in for this update. And it is completely unjustified.
Not only dont you know because you dont play. None of the things you said are true!

Gunners STILL ask for arcs.
Engineers STILL have a problem with timing in areas.
Pilots STILL have to use tools and sacrifice component health.

If you think that stamina made people rambos, then be my guest and go full AI ship against a competant crew.
Nothing really changed, just added.

Oh, now the screaming like children.

You know, this situation is awfully similar to what the forums were in other games that took this path.

Of course, said path led to death.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 04:43:48 pm »
You honestly believe a 5 second stamina usage breaks the game to the point you don't need teamwork? am sorry you feel that way however i strongly disagree,

il be honest here i played i think 10 matches today roughly i used stamina one match consistently as a reload speed up for manticore, as a gunner and thats it haha.

and i still talked to my crew about arcs reload time ammo and the co captain to do flanks and focus fire,

also as the fact it is a crutch its a new mechanic that when used properly can get you out of some situations i am already seeing posts about engineer speed being useful and being able to do things before that couldn't with buff and chem rotations, and gunner reload on manticore and carro are usful for rof increase compared to rebuild, but that is at the highest level of game play at the lower end new players might see it as a fun mechanic to use, jump run and hit faster is great!! type of attitude, and thats the main point the game should be fun to the new players and am sorry you feel that way,

i can put suggestions acrosss next meeting about ways to help with the ui maybe a option to revert back to classic but i can't see it happening because stamina needs a new bar,

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 04:49:17 pm »
I just sai- Okay, you know what? Fine, Stamina and the UI change is totally the best thing to ever be added to this game. However I've sadly come down with a case of "GoIO uninstalled" so, sadly, maybe I'll be able to see all of you again, but, till that moment where this incurable disease is fixed, I'll just go do something else.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:54:38 pm by David Dire »