Author Topic: Novice tools.  (Read 14667 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Novice tools.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 11:29:14 am »
I was talking it over with some friends, and we agreed that this would be a handy tool for all levels. Lower to learn basics, and advanced for experimenting with new builds.

Any thoughts on other tools that would help novices (like an improved rangefinder...)? I have other ideas for pilots. Something for engineer? Training wheels for gunners?

What about a standard damage ammunition that adds some rangefinder abilities?

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 01:34:30 pm »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 02:14:00 pm »
Ok... that could be one thing. Would have to have some pretty high nerfs to something else to work, like elimination of primary or secondary damage (to make room for the extra working bits), or 50% ammo reduction. Heat seeking hwacha would be a thing at all levels of play.

I like it.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 02:58:58 pm »
A way to make sure you nail that damned Junker's hull with all of your gat ammo, too.

I'm thinking reduced ROF (because the bullets can't be jostled around), less damage (because less space for the actual load) and decreased projectile speed (which would be a boon, actually, more time to adjust.)

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 04:44:56 pm »
Gunning is easy enough as is - even with the "hard" guns. As cool as this item idea is, we don't necessarily ~need~ this item at all.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 04:52:47 pm »
Particularly when we are talking about the gat, spray and pray is easy. Anyways, didn't the early Artemis have some kind of homing thing? And they got rid of it for a good reason?