Author Topic: The new harpoon  (Read 21497 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The new harpoon
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 12:11:07 pm »
 :-[ That is a shame.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 05:21:45 pm »
Harpoon on goldfish, confirming again, did some gameplay with that dual harpoon sides :P
But it does make ships go WHOOP into the wrong direction if you harpoon their behind and then pulling them with the use of moonshine.

The SWING MENEUVER is a dud unfortunetaly. It was too difficult to pull off, but if you have moonshine, you should still be able to pull with a harpoon on the side for utility even for a mobula.

Harpoon on side pyramideon is, odd. The acceleration of the pyra despite moonshine+stamina is too heavy, specialy when you just moved forward. So it is better used when you are flying past someone and then just keep going forward to pull them in the wrong direction. Basically it is a better escape tool than a pulling tool. Maybe, im the only person that is actively trying

We have also found a bug where if you kill a ship with the harpoon attached, the rope will linger visualy, when that ship respawns the rope will visualy attach to it from where we are. Pretty much revealing where they are. I reported this ofcourse cus it is a huge advantage from a bug.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 04:06:19 am »
We have also found a bug where if you kill a ship with the harpoon attached, the rope will linger visualy, when that ship respawns the rope will visualy attach to it from where we are. Pretty much revealing where they are. I reported this ofcourse cus it is a huge advantage from a bug.

Good work reporting the fault!
Also, Nice testing!

I am now curious, how many shots would it take to kill a ship with nothing but Flares?

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 10:44:32 am »
I am now curious, how many shots would it take to kill a ship with nothing but Flares?

Ask a Cake, they know.

But as long as an engineer is on the enemy ship, you won't kill anything with just flares. (You'll lag the ---- out of the game though)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 10:55:00 am »

Ask a Cake, they know.

But as long as an engineer is on the enemy ship, you won't kill anything with just flares. (You'll lag the ---- out of the game though)

:-\ well, that is better than nothing so I would count that as a victory!

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 10:56:14 am »
I was in a flare only match once, we spent over 20 minutes (i think) and in total there were only 1 or 2 kills, we were also only using squids

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2015, 12:20:45 pm »
I was in a flare only match once, we spent over 20 minutes (i think) and in total there were only 1 or 2 kills, we were also only using squids

That's cool! maybe, I'll keep away from flares then, probably be there all day...

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 12:26:50 pm »

That's cool! maybe, I'll keep away from flares then, probably be there all day...
To win a 2v2 match? You will, also NEVER shoot a flare into a sandstorm. That is the most unholy, lag inducing thing, I have ever seen in this game.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 12:35:10 pm »

To win a 2v2 match? You will, also NEVER shoot a flare into a sandstorm. That is the most unholy, lag inducing thing, I have ever seen in this game.

I feel like getting this game back just to follow you wherever you go and bring an all-Flare Mobula whenever you're on a map with sandstorms.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 01:12:19 pm »

I feel like getting this game back just to follow you wherever you go and bring an all-Flare Mobula whenever you're on a map with sandstorms.

Wow! That is evil haha! It will also be very affective against me since I am in England and mainly play on American Servers  :-X

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 01:23:29 pm »
the ping............

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 10:54:32 pm »
Guys.... harpoon.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2015, 03:27:47 am »
Oh right... sorry...

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2015, 09:33:57 am »
BTW, the harpoon was confirmed several times to be a bug in behavior - no change was intended to happen. It will be reverted as soon as they can fix it back.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 05:30:02 pm »
Confirmed by who? And I don't think 'Remove force pull and make the rope solid. Remove zoom and make secondary fire reel in targets' could be classified as a bug.

These are intentional changes. Whether or not they were supposed to go in the last update is up for debate.