Author Topic: Release 1.4.1 Notes  (Read 93063 times)

Offline Kavaliro

• Salutes: 0
    • [HALO]
    • View Profile
Re: Release 1.4.1 Notes
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 11:20:14 am »
This new Underdog achievements will be added to the steam list or are only in game?

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 11:24:22 am »
Instead of finding problems, people should enjoy the game how it is more.

Yupp, i love this new stamina change. For pilots, it simply enhances the tools, and because of that i actualy had a varied use of tools.
I brought drogue chute+Impact bumpers as a ramming spire, which worked! Imagine that on a galleon, or squid!
I rammed a pyra to death! Dude!!! (Ofcourse i loose engine power for 3 seconds, and i need to memorise the combo) :Moonshine+Shift(hold)-Impact-Drogue-Moonshine:

Ive found out that engineers have less of a hastle getting to far away components, or atleast more desire to be running around.

And, as much as i will plan to abuse gunners new stamina changes, for now. I found it easier to stay in arc with the ship.

The thing is, as much as it added a new layer for gunners in terms of learning curve, it kinda upped the mind games between pilots. But gave comfort to engineers.
Add in the reload mechanic and were golden.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 11:52:01 am »
Just a quick note:
Some responses that were posted here have been removed for moderation purposes. Hopefully the conversation doesn't appear disjointed.

Thanks.

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 12:01:24 pm »
@MightyKeb, damn it.  Today's not April's Fools!?  Shoot, sorry about that.

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 12:03:09 pm »
@gilder, yeah these 2 points were worries we had as well.  We'll need to monitor these 2 things super closely.  But please don't throw matches away on pyras though :)  But seriously though, we totally hear you.

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 12:04:55 pm »
You made something wrong with walking. It feels like walking knees-deep in water. As if you did something to acceleration? o.O Also, if you walk down a ramp (like those circular things around a spire) it's a real rodeo. Overall it seems like you added negative effects to walking when NOT using stamina...

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 12:09:05 pm »
Schwalbe basically said (in a lot of swearing) that devs are out of their mind and that they can go to hell, and he leaves the game. Personally I had similar feelings when matchmaker was introduced so I understand him. He said "I wrote it in polish because devs don't deserve (for me) to waste time and energy to translate"

I will state my opinion based only on patch notes, I won't get to play untill in like 6 hours.

-Fixed spotting
If it works, I'm gonna love it. I could only complain why it took them so darn long, but nonetheless it's a very good change.

-Improved audio and visuals
I don't really care much for that, frankly.

-Stamina
I'm afraid it will be matchmaker 2.0 in its effect, wiping out the population completely. But I'll try to keep my mind open until I put my hands on it.

-Moving steam notofications
Why?

-Match options now saved on session
Finally. This should not be in "changes", but in "fixed".

-Friend count cap at 1000
So finally no more "don't like matchmaker - add everyone to friendlist" argument. I'm glad that's over.

-Rematch cap removed
Good.

-Underdog
Completely unnecessary, but whatever.

-Non pilot crew
Good

-Player post match return to single ship instead of team in crew form and automatically requeued
Good

-Flamethrower
Mixed feelings, we'll see how it goes.

-Extinguisher
Very good.

-Reload mechanic
Very good. Non-game-breaking mechanic that will make gunners more useful, perhaps even 2engi/1gunner builds more valid.

- Sequenced class achievements XP rewards restructured to reward less at the beginning and more at the end.  The total XP rewarded for completing an entire sequence is roughly the same as before (give or take a hundred due to rounding error).
Very good, now raise novice lvl cap. You can do that, I believe in you.

Also, I like how Patch Notes have some explanations. This is a really good step to avoid rabble.

@Aayra
Instead of finding problems, people should enjoy the game how it is more. Devs are doing everything they can for the game and people playing it, and not just vets but also new players, something that some people can´t understand for some reason.    They can never satisfy everyone completely, there are always some individuals who will be whining about something. Or acting like 10 year olds, calling devs "bunch of fucking assholes" in polish (I hope you will get banned or something). And I am sick of opinions like "omg this is baaaad, change is baaaaad, reverse to old paaaatch". Would people like it more, if the game was stagnating at one place for years, being perfect and balanced, with the same meta? It would get boring after 2-3 months.

So... someone doesn't like something and it automatically means he's butthurting, whining and a bad person who can only see bad things in everything? Not kewl, not kewl at all.
First things first. We don't like some changes, we don't like a direction where devs are moving in some cases. We talk about it becasue we care (caring is sharing :P) and we give the best feedback we can from our personal experiences. Personally I think that for some time devs are more focused on giving good games to new players rather than veterans and it lead us to 300-400 players in prime time on weekends in spite of 'huge' amount of people who bought the game. There are many games that are not really caring or forgiving to new players - and they are prospering really good. Some of those are games that have changed very little (like CS 1.6, first Starcraft) after, say, first year of bugfixing and balancing. If game is good and deep it doesn't need constant changes and new mechanics. This is nice, of course, but not necessary if game is good, full of variety and deep.
Also, decide whether you make a general statement to all people critisizing the game or you just condemn Schwalbe's behaviour. I don't want to defend him, but I recognised your statement as something involving me also.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:14:46 pm by Mr.Disaster »

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 12:09:15 pm »
@Steve CZ, hmmm that shouldn't be the case.  We'l need to look at that.  Let me report this. 

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 12:13:36 pm »
Just a quick note:
Some responses that were posted here have been removed for moderation purposes. Hopefully the conversation doesn't appear disjointed.

Thanks.

Translated:

"We've deleted Schwalbe's posts.  Move along, nothing to see here."  :P

I won't be able to play for 4 hours or so, but I'm liking the sounds of most of this.    Will report back once I have played.

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 12:21:24 pm »
Hey guys,
Firstly, Jacob's action isn't about censorship targeting individual at all.  It's just to keep our standards on the forums consistent.  If this is not related to the update, but about anything else, say posted by me even, it'll get the same treatment.  This is not trying to avoid criticism, and I want to make that clear.  We've taken plenty of criticisms from day one, with languages that are much worse, so we don't mind it.  But it's more about the place.  That's about it.  I mean, do you guys remember the days of heavy flak or artemis?  If we are idiots now, I don't even know who we would be back then. 

Feedback is great.  Negative feedback is totally great.  You guys know we read a lot, and reply a lot, and listen a lot.  And we actually take a lot into action.  Let's not take this too personally guys.  If there's any anger, direct them towards us, and not at each other please.  You guys are all great people. 

Thanks a lot!

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 12:22:13 pm »
@Aayra, thank you so much.  It means a lot.  It really does. 

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 12:25:44 pm »
Damn it Muse, on Day 1 I rebound Crew chat to L-Shift and Captain Chat to L-Ctrl. My left pinkie finger's muscle memory is already taken for verbal communication. I will blame you if my left hand starts getting cramps from the finger gymnastics your new game mechanic will require.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 12:34:20 pm »
Damn it Muse, on Day 1 I rebound Crew chat to L-Shift and Captain Chat to L-Ctrl. My left pinkie finger's muscle memory is already taken for verbal communication. I will blame you if my left hand starts getting cramps from the finger gymnastics your new game mechanic will require.

Bind stamina to default crew/captain chat, bada bing bada boom

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 12:34:40 pm »
@Steve CZ, hmmm that shouldn't be the case.  We'l need to look at that.  Let me report this.

also, some places where you used to get stuck now don't stop you entirely, but kind of magnetically draw you in, so instead of getting stuck on a railing, you slide by it.... it's really weird, pls fix xD

BTW I'm sorry I only point out bugs, I'll let praising to others :) Keep up the work though :)

Offline FredTheFifth

• Salutes: 9
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 12:40:58 pm »
Love the underdog achievements, probably the hardest thing for me to do in this game :P  Are there any special items for completing underdog achievements?