Author Topic: Grappling Hook Harpoon gun  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
Grappling Hook Harpoon gun
« on: April 29, 2015, 07:15:29 am »
Suggestion is really in the title
What do you guys think about making the harpoon gun work on terrain?

I know it doesn't make sense for a harpoon gun but I saw Pirates of the Caribbean recently with my cousins and saw that the crew made a hard starboard by lowering the anchor. I thought that it looked pretty cool.

Ideas:
Mobility
Sharp turning around pillars or buildings
Evasive maneuvers
Reduce balloon-lock
etc

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Grappling Hook Harpoon gun
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 07:43:51 am »
Hasn't been the first or last time this idea is mentioned but yeah, it would be neat if it could be used like this. The trouble is the harpoon physics are perpetually broken. Then there is the other factor of giving up a mount slot for it. Perhaps if there was a utility mount slot added to ships, so then you wouldn't need to give up a gun mount.

Actually, you could just make this a pilot tool. Pilot can activate evasive steering based on where they are looking. It would then shoot a grappling poon out and latch on as long as the pilot keeps the activation button pressed. Likely would need a cooldown to avoid abuse. Otherwise we'd have spiderman ships swinging through Paritan or Canyon...wait a min...Spider-Squid, Spider-Squid da da da da Spider-Squid...zomg JACOB!! NEW BARON SONG FORMING!!!!

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Grappling Hook Harpoon gun
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 12:29:22 pm »
I just had a image of a spider squid go through my head. WAAYYYYY to many legs