Author Topic: GOI usb custom controller  (Read 19141 times)

Offline BinaryDragon

• Salutes: 3
    • [CURE]
    • View Profile
Re: GOI usb custom controller
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 01:38:42 pm »
Sorry for the late responds I have been really busy.  The box is to be used WITH a keyboard and mouse, as a supplement ,not on it's own.Think of it as an extra panel, for the helm. If not for all the flame I would have posted a video of me using it in game. But the people saying that it is an ugly and should be ripped apart is right. It is ugly, and should have been made wireless so you could throw it away. However the functions it gives to the user, can be useful. At least to me. So you guys can say whatever you want about it

I made this for fun, and posted it here because I thought it was a fun project, and related to Guns of Icarus. I did not count on getting that many negative comments.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:49:41 pm by Trolly Polly »

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 02:02:01 pm »
Sorry for the late responds I have been really busy.  The box is to be used WITH a keyboard and mouse, as a supplement ,not on it's own.Think of it as an extra panel, for the helm. If not for all the flame I would have posted a video of me using it in game. But the people saying that it is an ugly and should be ripped apart is right. It is ugly, and should have been made wireless so you could throw it away. However the functions it gives to the user, can be useful. At least to me. So you guys can say whatever you want about it

I made this for fun, and posted it here because I thought it was a fun project, and related to Guns of Icarus. I did not count on getting that many negative comments.

try rereading the thread.

the "ugly" and "rip apart" comments were talking about a different USB device that was suggested in this thread as a basis for Richard Le Moon's project.
I don't think anyone feels so negatively about your work, or in this community would be so rude as to actually air such an opinion. :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:03:42 pm by Velvet »

Offline BinaryDragon

• Salutes: 3
    • [CURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 02:11:53 pm »
I misread the thread.I just read the last comments and felt horrible :( My bad. But I gotta admit that it is an ugly device :D

what i read

> Because it is ugly as hell and does nothing I would want, maybe?
>"Ergonomic Design"
>Yeah, it is ugly, and does not look every well designed.
>To clarify, I thought it would be a good USB device to rip apart as you said.
>I was thinking more along the lines of a wireless so I can toss it out of the way. Sorry for misinterpreting.

I really thought you said all these things about my controller.

Sorry for all the fuss, please forgive me :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:25:06 pm by Trolly Polly »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 02:27:26 pm »

the "ugly" and "rip apart" comments were talking about a different USB device that was suggested in this thread as a basis for Richard Le Moon's project.
I don't think anyone feels so negatively about your work, or in this community would be so rude as to actually air such an opinion. :)

I'm sensing a challenge.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 02:37:41 pm »

I'm sensing a challenge.

Even you wouldn't stoop that low Ceres.

Back on track nice project you.got there Trolly best of luck with it.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 02:52:50 pm »
Um, ya. Your device is cool. We were talking about making our own inspired by yours. Sorry for the confusion.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 02:53:34 pm »
Oh, sorry, yeah, no that wasn't about your thing at all. I think yours is quite cool.

All those comments were about this monstrosity which is supposed to be able to solve the "never enough buttons" conundrum.  One of it's selling points was "ergonomic design".

I think it's really cool when anyone makes anything GoI related, whether it's a piece of art or cosplay or hardware like yours. Never meant to imply anything negative about your cool controller

Offline VomAct

• Salutes: 11
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 09:22:56 pm »
Are you an engineer perchance Trolly? This is easily the coolest thing I have seen posted here.  I used to have horrible issues with turning, raising, map, and multiple voice channels before I got my new laptop so everyone who pilots on lower-quality machines understands the problems you are solving, and I think you have solved quite admirably.

Ignore Ceresbane's ("Maximillian Jazzhand") negative comments, everyone else does.