Author Topic: Sunday Community Skirmish #55 (Signups for Sunday June 14th)  (Read 10192 times)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile

Sunday Community Skirmish on Facebook
SCS VoDs
The Sunday Community Skirmish is a double elimination tournament event that runs every week with occasional breaks. All matches are 2v2, time limited best of 1s and are normally streamed live on Twitch. Any team of 8 players is welcome to participate.

This signup thread is for the Skirmish at 7pm UTC on Sunday June 14. (3pm EDT) The event is normally streamed by Fourth Oracle, as well as other streamers who vary from week to week. The details of all streams will be made clear on the day of or day before the event. The event has an expected runtime of 2-4 hours.

Signups should be posted in this thread and include a Steam/Skype contact and team name. Signups close at midday (UTC), or 8 AM EDT, on Saturday the 13th of June. Please try to avoid last minute signups.
The bracket and map rolls will be available soon after signups close. (brackets at http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/)
Participants will be contacted when their matches are starting, although it's encouraged to consult the bracket and keep track of the streams so you have a decent idea of when you will be playing.

The complete rules can be found in this document. There is now also a brief summary of the ethos behind the rules and structure of the event.

Please only sign up if you are confident of your ability to produce a full team of 8 players.

Parody/Troll/Alt account teams will not be permitted to sign up

The event will continue to follow DOUBLE ELIMINATION format with best of one matches!
Time limit per match remains at 20 minutes, without extra time. Have a look at
this if you don't know how double elimination works.

New Teams Guide:
  • A team needs at least 8 players, all of whom should be available at the event's start time and for the duration of the event. You do not need to include an official roster in your signup. Teams are not required to have any clan affiliation and players are not required to always play for the same team (however playing for multiple teams on one day is not allowed).
  • Signups close at midday (UTC) (8 AM EDT) on the Saturday preceding the event. Your signup needs a team name and at least one contact, preferably with an emergency steam/skype contact. At least one of your contacts needs to be in-game when your matches start, otherwise we may be unable to find you and have to skip your matches.
  • The event bracket, map rolls and a full schedule will be available in this thread on the Saturday preceding the event.
  • When we are preparing to start your match, an organiser will contact you in game with the password and invite you to join them in the lobby. We normally start preparing lobbies 10-20 minutes before the event start.
  • Matches do not start at a set time, so it is best to be in game and ready to go for the entire duration of the event until you are eliminated (or win).
  • The stream links will also be made available in this thread. It's often helpful to watch the streams to have an idea of when your match will be starting.

Offline SteamyNoodle

• Salutes: 17
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Community Skirmish #55 (Signups for Sunday June 14th)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:12:34 pm »
Clan Clan signing up.

POC either me or Nietzsche's Mustache.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 03:38:21 am »
Right, sorry for the late announcement, my life is in shambles.

Our cleverer members may have figured out that we can't have a Sunday Skirmish with only one team, so, I'll make the official announcement that SCS 55 is called off due to lack of participation. To all you cool cats out there, have a lovely Sunday

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 03:39:52 am »
 :(

I was looking forward to watching...

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 04:02:58 am »
A real shame to see no SCS this week, but Logic gets a night off.

Just as a little point from myself:
I would advise all clans who have interest in competitive to think about building your teams and getting involved, with Aerodrome approaching fast, now is the time to start practicing against each other so you know how tough the fights will be. :)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 04:07:25 am »
A real shame to see no SCS this week, but Logic gets a night off.

Just as a little point from myself:
I would advise all clans who have interest in competitive to think about building your teams and getting involved, with Aerodrome approaching fast, now is the time to start practicing against each other so you know how tough the fights will be. :)

The only tournament I have ever participated in is the Iron Fork. I would love to do more but, I can never get a full crew.

Mainly my friends prefer pub matches where we all have a good time and laugh constantly for hours on end.  :D

Offline DJ Logicalia

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 05:41:10 am »
I would like to echo Kamoba's sentiments. We're planning on a big advertising campaign quite soon, but,as I said, my life is caving in on itself, so I have to take care of this before I take on this project. We're always looking for new teams and new help

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 02:36:11 pm »
Just as a side note:
I've yet to discuss with my fellow cakes the possibility of two teams, but failing enough players to fill four ships for competitive, that leaves me a ship and crew available to pair up alongside another ship and crew, so The Mann, I have a proposal, if you can get a crew assuming I'm not flying with the cakes next week, we enter together and give you a taste of the SCS.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 01:12:02 am »
I'll be trying to get a team in more. It's a damn shame that competitive is kind of dying, and I really think it has to do with Muse making too many bad balance, lack of new content, and bad design changes.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 05:06:20 am »
I'll be trying to get a team in more. It's a damn shame that competitive is kind of dying, and I really think it has to do with Muse making too many bad balance, lack of new content, and bad design changes.

I think its partially that, and partially people just got bored of the game.
Most people on the competitive scene play for more than a year or a year and a half at least now. Boredom of the skirmish mode is just inevitable at some point.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 05:15:01 pm »
Well wouldn't they get bored less if there was new content, or at the least the hope of new content?

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 05:19:07 pm »
And on another note, I've been struggling to get all 8 of my guys so we can sign-up regularly. Therefore TB is going to start doing hybrid teams to make ourselves more competitively accessible. We already have an arrangement with AJSA, but if Cake or others are struggling to also put together a full 8, I'm perfectly willing to explore other teams to hybrid with as well.