Author Topic: Buy Extra Slot  (Read 12106 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Buy Extra Slot
« on: April 23, 2015, 01:26:43 pm »
Micro transactions are a great way to support developers, however some players have little interest in purchasing cosmetics.

Extra slots for class and ship loadouts would be a useful feature for many and there could be the option to buy an extra slot for classes and ships (separately).

The regular slots are labeled A B C so the extra slot may be indicated by a symbol such as "+", or could simply be D.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:28:24 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Buy Extra Slot
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 01:32:56 pm »
Know what'd be really nice?

Names that correspond with those slots.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 02:41:56 pm »
Nah... going by azn grading logic.

It would be S A B C.

just that psychological thing of feeling elite where conventional grading doesn't apply to you.

seriously... play any rhythm game and look at their community people will at you for being impressed for getting an A.

Adding an extra cosmetic for that slot might be useful too. That being said I do want more slots for my classes and some of my ships.

I need like 5 for a pyra.

As for the ship name thing per slot. thats dumb. Its still the same ship with a different loadout. Its like a username for every class and preset.

Alternatively abandon letters entirely and label it like a normal person and use numbers.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 03:19:12 pm »
I need like 10 for spire.

I- or weve been asking this for for some time now.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 03:36:28 pm »
I don't like micro transactions.. and I don't know how effective an extra slot would be.

Three is enough for most of my ships. If I need to, I just change the loadout there and then. Unless Muse reduces the number of available load outs (which is one of the evils of micro transactions: irritating players to make money), I don't think I'll consider buying an extra slot.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 03:44:29 pm »
It is not about denying 3 slots, it is about adding more slots in those 3. I would buy extra slots just because i have that many different builds.
So you wouldnt need to buy extra slots. But i would.

However, they could just add more slots for free. Its just expressing how we would actualy spend a little money for something like extra slots.
Because i need them. I have so many builds i really do need them... And ide pay to get more.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 04:03:20 pm »
+1 muse please let us give you money in exchange for letting us store a couple extra kilobytes in a config file somewhere on our disk drive.

Not being sarcastic, though it is a little funny when you think what you're paying for. Then again valve makes thousands by literally selling textures.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:05:43 pm by Omniraptor »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »
An extra slot for classes wouldn't be as necessary, but many would buy extra ship slots due to their complexity.

If available I would make use of more than 4 slots for some ships (primarily spire), but even one extra slot would be a big help.

If anything it's an easy way for Muse to raise money: maintenance and development aren't cheap.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 06:00:00 pm »
aren't the cosmetics micro transactions?

and I mainly want slots for COSMETIC PRESETS on the characters. I want like 5 for each class.

for ships? unneeded. same reason for the name thing.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:02:09 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 06:02:39 pm »
This has been floated before, and I've always loved the idea

+1

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 10:00:29 pm »
It is about the only thing I would buy at this point in the game. I have pretty much everything else I want that they have.

Other things are custom tool skins and victory poses.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 05:58:52 am »
buying victory poses?

I'd much rather those being coop mode rewards.

That being said I'm a collection completionist. I just finished getting every single costume (body). Now I'm getting every ship theme, then every figure head. Because things costing 6-3 dollars=being getting it via dev match.

And just recently I bought a bunch of really cheap goggles (well all of the 0.25 ones) and all the decals (now new ones came out recently...ugh... AND ITS STILL NOT THE AI ONE).

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 09:06:37 pm »

As for the ship name thing per slot. thats dumb. Its still the same ship with a different loadout. Its like a username for every class and preset.

That is dumb. It is not the 'same ship' to everyone, any more than everyone flying a Spire has the same Spire, even though they are identical. This plays into the suspension of disbelief. If it is not the way you play, well, that does not matter. Most people are not you, don't play like you, and don't buy like you (as you have proven).

Also, people having a different opinion and wanting to buy other things that you don't like is not dumb, and saying it is is insulting.

The more cosmetic and unique something is, the more reason to make it purchase only. That is how a good economy works.

I am not a completionist. I get what I want. Since I already had what I want (through winning and buying), I did not even turn in the free items for the VIP games. I think I had six or so coming. If there were items that could only be bought, such as slots, poses, and tool skins, I would be spending more money on the game. If they were winnable, I would be more likely to try to get them that way. Personally, I have a different name for each of my ship builds, and would likely buy at least 3 extra slots for each ship (other than Pyra. Rarely fly that.) It would be very easy to see at a glance what ship loadout you have. I like that convenience, and would pay for it.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 09:29:58 pm »
+1, add one slot for free and let people buy additional 1-2 for like a dollar or whatever

and also names

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 08:48:27 am »
Yes please.
Constantly changing the recommended loadouts because there's no place for seven different squids is tiring.