Author Topic: Clan Clan Challenge  (Read 15007 times)

Offline Nietzsche's Mustache

• Salutes: 27
    • [IISC]
    • View Profile
Clan Clan Challenge
« on: April 12, 2015, 08:05:07 pm »
Clan Clan is thinking of organize a weekly "challenge" match. We're looking at Tuesdays at 10pm EST (might move that around a bit. That's basically the best time for us, so that's what we're going with.)

The idea is like this: Each week we'll host a best of 4 or 5 matches against a single challenger team (might adjust the number of matches depending upon how much time is available and how long the matches go or if we all just run out of the will to play after a few matches). We'll also make the last match an all-munker match because... because clan clan.

Any interested team can go ahead and contact Nietzsche's Mustache on steam and we'll coordinate which week we'll be playing. Any team that wishes to challenge us is welcome. It can be inter-clan, full clan, or a loose amalgam of players, so long as you can bring 8 people and be generally well-spirited. Standard competative rules may or may not apply. I'm not sure how to go about that because I'm not sure if we'll have or want a referee.

I'm also thinking of having this casted, so if anyone is interested in doing that, shoot me a message and let me know. And I'll be sure to post here who's playing when so that way you don't waste your time trying to put together a team for a week when there's already someone scheduled and also to allow people to decide whether or not to check out the stream depending upon who's playing this week (we're all partial to certain teams, I think).

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:13:33 pm by Nietzsche's Mustache »

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Clan Clan Challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 09:14:37 pm »
Is this similar to cake's iron fork in terms of how itll run?

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 09:16:15 pm »
Thats actually during my SWTOR guild's old Ops time. We decided to leave the game since Bioware's bumbling has gotten so bad it just isn't worth the hassle. Been trying to play other games that night. I've got a bunch of them copies of GOIO over the years. I'll have to see if I can round them up and get them focused on GOIO more. Can't promise anything soon but I'll start probing them.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 09:22:22 pm »
I like this idea a lot. we can always use more events \o/

• [IISC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 09:49:11 pm »
I always felt that the iron fork was intended to get a bunch of people together and have some fun and there wasn't really a clear team vs. team setting. This is intended to be much more competative and will feature relatively defined teams (Clan Clan on one side, the challanger on the other). Outside of that, I suppose it would be fairly similar. The mine-match at the end is still kind of up in the air. It's been suggested that forcing an all mine-match between competative teams might mean people won't want to sign up for it.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 09:56:55 pm »
Sounds like something I'd enjoy. Now I just need to either step-up recruitment, or find people to shanghai,

• [IISC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 11:51:13 pm »
What you might consider doing is teaming up with another clan. It's not uncommon to see even in the SCS and things like that, and we'd welcome that just as much as full clans. So, if you can put 4 people or so and you've got a friend with his own crew then you're golden.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 03:11:22 am »
You need a 4pm latest timeslot to play vs eu teams on weekdays

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 05:03:40 am »

Yeah I was about to comment on EU teams. Your tournament will start at around 4am for most of Europe(+/-2) so 2am-6am isn't an ideal time.
But it you intend on having an American based time zone for this tournament, who am I to say anything?

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 09:20:19 am »

Yeah I was about to comment on EU teams. Your tournament will start at around 4am for most of Europe(+/-2) so 2am-6am isn't an ideal time.
But it you intend on having an American based time zone for this tournament, who am I to say anything?

in the end its up to the organizer, but thats just the 2 cents about timezones in the competitive scene.
4pm est means that the EU guys can jump into bed before midnight.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 11:06:43 am »
Get outta here, Europe. Your timezones are inferior

• [IISC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 11:44:44 am »
Yeah, anything organized during the week is going to discriminate between American and Eu players. Just to emphasize the point, 4 pm est is 1 pm for me on the west coast, which is usually when I'm getting back from lunch at work. Given that clan clan is predominantly west coast, you see the dilemma.

With enough interest, we may go ahead and move it to Saturdays so we can start earlier, but even then, there's the potential to conflict with seasonals, hephaestus (if that comes back), aerodrome, whatever. I really don't want to have to compete with those for teams to sign up.

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 12:39:00 pm »
Get outta here, Europe. Your timezones are inferior

We'll get our own challenge! With blackjack and hookers! Actually forget the challenge

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 01:03:45 pm »
I read this as achieves. I think this involves achieves.

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 03:56:51 pm »
for now the saturday timeslot is up for grabs.
there are no events announced at the current time.