Author Topic: Ships from Co-op to Skrimish  (Read 5201 times)

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
Ships from Co-op to Skrimish
« on: April 11, 2015, 12:25:53 am »
I am really excited about the upcoming co-op mode but that's not fully what this post is about. the Devs said that after Co-op mode was released they were going to look at tweaking some of the ships and bringing them over to skrimish mode. I haven't seen any new ships aside from the AI ones and alot of those don't seem like they would fit. Correct me if I'm wrong but what do you guys think?

Fjord Baronies:

light attack ship: probably not this one, it may move fast and and be extremely agile but it only has 2 guns on the front that's it. and its so small because the balloon is part of the body it d be very hard to hit this thing and would probably be easy to repair with such a small floor space. Then again it wouldnt be like anything currently in the game

Medium broadsider: This one looks on par with the ships currently in the game its got 2 light guns on both sides and turns very fast to keep them in arc. Its balloon is also in the body so I am not sure how you d hit it instead of the hull. all in all its like a weird junker without the front gun.

Boss ship, The Carrier: oh definitely not! this thing is huge like 4 times the size of a galleon no way we get to bring that into skirmish mode.

Arashi League:

light attack ship: even less likley since this one only has 1 front gun compared to the baronies some major tweaking would need to be done to bring these bad boys to the skirmish grounds.

medium sniper: very very nasty 3 light guns pointing forward gives it dominance at long range, but we already have the spire which is much more interesting with its heavy gun, unless this thing handled very differently I don't see it.

Boss ship, The bone fish: This is probably the most likely from what the Arashi have to offer, big and slow like a galleon but with 2 light guns on each side and one heavy gun on the front. doesn't work like a galleon or a goldfish, probably closer to a pyrmadon but still different. Only problem is muse said they weren't adding the boss ships cause they were designed to be OP to provide a challenge but I feel that with some tweaking the bone fish could fit. Just make it a little smaller than it currently is, slow like the galleon but not quite as tough since it has lots of firepower.

Order of Chaladon:

light attack ship: I don't know much about this one but it looks bigger than the Arashi and the baronies ones  so depending on its weapon load out it might have a place beside the goldfish and squid as another fast agile ship.

Medium combat ship: I think  this thing has like 5 guns on it in the mobula pattern providing some serious arcs of fire and variety of damage. That kinda puts it right in between the junker and the mobula so if it were brought in it might be infringing on one of those. If its stats are very different from those 2 originals then it might have a place but i dont think its different enough.

That's all the ships I know about I am sure there is at least 3 for every faction so that leaves 10 I don't know about.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:30:30 am by SirNotlag »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Ships from Co-op to Skrimish
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 11:27:09 am »
The fjords light attack ship seems like a horrifying mutant offspring of pyramidion and squid. Imagine that thing with human crew and carronade/flamer. scary.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 11:28:13 am »
That is hard to tell, by tweaking, i think they meant they will make these ships look very different enough to be considered their own. Yett still retaining alot of assets from the coop enemies. So in the end, it may look like a mismash of one enemy, and a galleon. Or something else completely.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 01:40:14 pm »
That is hard to tell, by tweaking, i think they meant they will make these ships look very different enough to be considered their own. Yett still retaining alot of assets from the coop enemies. So in the end, it may look like a mismash of one enemy, and a galleon. Or something else completely.

well I figure they would tweak the size stats and colours of the ship (The bright red of the baronies ships really blends into the clouds) to bring them more in line with what is currently available, but they would still grab the base idea and workings of the ship to bring it into skrimish and so far the only one I have seen that is original enough would be the Arashi Bone Ship.

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 07:19:14 pm »
well on the most recent Fireside chat they talked about player "faction progression" in co-op and how playing for each faction will unlock one of the 6 player ships and weapons associated with each faction. I asked if those player ships are tweaked versions of the enemy ai ships or something entirely different and awkm seemed to suggest the latter  and that while the player ships have a lot of the aesthetic features of the faction they come from they will be more like 7 ships we already have but with more weapon slots that cover more blindspots.  Reintegration back into skrimish mode, i would think, would just involve removing those extra co-op weapon slots and re-balancing ship stats.