Author Topic: Guns of fashion  (Read 26168 times)

Offline QUY

• Salutes: 6
    • [♞]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of fashion
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2015, 01:06:55 pm »
sword i can believe  but no one as ever worn bullies as decoration.
 and if that is the case then that is pretty unsettling don't you think.   

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 01:15:26 pm »
This is a post apocalyptic world. If your not armed your as good as dead.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 01:17:31 pm »
Guns of Icarus.

Although I do see a discrepancy between number of guns and amount of ammo.

Which is to say, ammo everywhere but no visible guns. Perhaps they have guns in their pockets?

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 01:21:04 pm »
Example are the Angleans, looks like they could stuff a few pistols in those clothes.

Offline QUY

• Salutes: 6
    • [♞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 01:32:32 pm »
This is a post apocalyptic world. If your not armed your as good as dead.

i dont relly see that. its been so long seen the age of dust and the end of the world that life has settled down again.
like you know when your at like a football  game on veterans day the survive members come out with the flags, imaging they were just covered in ammo.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 01:51:03 pm »
Well, for weapons I see:

Yesha: Ammo belts. The male Yeshan looks like a soldier-he's wearing armor, and a full helmet with gas-mask. Multiple ammo belts, in that case, fit. The female is less heavily armored, and has less ammo-only two belts. Perhaps they're spent casing used as a sign of status? They could also be live, emergency rounds.

Arashi: They're a raider culture. I wouldn't be surprised if they all carried pistols, just as a sign of tradition, like Dune's Fremen with knives. The pistol in question looks like an old-flintlock, however, which is interesting.

Guild: A guildsman's weapon is his coin-purse, and the guy he just paid to fight you for him.

Chaladon: A ritual-looking dagger at the belt of the woman. Being based on Indian and South Asian cultures, I wouldn't be surprised if they carried cerimonial daggers for a number of reasons. Chaladon isn't pacifistic-they're isolationist. However, giving the appearance of the dagger, I'd assume it's more ceremonial, and likely not considered military, like a Kris, Jamyiad, or Balisong.

Baronies: Ceremonial dress swords. Fit the militaristic look, likely common among officers and noblemen. Not much more to say.

Anglea: Also carrying ammo-belts. The Angleas also look very fancy, and less military, aside from the beginning of a gas-mask suit on their chests. Honestly, I'd wager that ammo is extremely valuable in this world, as it's probably difficult to make.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 01:53:59 pm »
Like military-quality bullets in Metro: Last Light?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:57 pm »
I am digging the Angelean look except for the helmets. I know Vikings didn't put horns on their helmets but their helmets were pretty bulky. Real helmets were worn over things called "arming caps" which helped cushion blows and kept the raw metal from rubbing against skin or hair. Those head pieces look metallic and are directly touching the wearer's head. This would be unpleasant in a cold environment.

I like the suggestion of wings on the female helmet but would like it to be more pronounced.

Of the batch I like the Barony outfit the best. The ensemble has a clear martial purpose. The helmets especially offer both protection and indicate leadership. I am a big supporter of the "follow the man with the biggest hat," style of leadership.

Perhaps I will side with Angelea but take a Barrony helmet as a trophy, with or without the previous owner's head.