Author Topic: Point of badges?  (Read 18194 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Point of badges?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 09:06:17 pm »
What if you could choose one which would be presented next to your nick (in a miniature of course)?

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 05:27:51 am »
It's all a secret plot by Muse, they're gonna reel us in with small items like badges which we progressively unlock up to the point that we obsess over collecting 'em all. Then they'll convert GoIO into 'Badge Simulator' to rival TF2's 'Hat Simulator' and make millions.

But seriously, some people don't care about this stuff and some do. It's always nice to have something to work towards even if it seems pointless to have it in the game. Someone mentioned 'why have achievements', but some people just like having little things to work towards and its always nice to have bragging rights even if you can't brag to anyone about it :P

Offline Alexander MV

• Salutes: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 09:26:20 pm »
Perhaps we could one day have a place on the ships where the chosen badges of the captain show. Hang them on the plants or something.

Like a Diploma in a doctor's office

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 12:23:01 am »
But that would only show captain. Leaves the rest of the crews awesome badges out. I would prefer Viking style, with all of a crews chosen badges spread across the sides of the ship, just like they used to have their shields.

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 03:54:14 am »
I'd love to have badges on engineers outfit! Just imagine how awesome they'd look on all those belts.

Offline Ashunera

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 11:35:57 am »
Perhaps we could one day have a place on the ships where the chosen badges of the captain show. Hang them on the plants or something. If you're not a captain, of course, there's still much surface on your top hat left unused for advertisement -- or badges.

I wanted it to be possible to have badges displayed on clan pages. But only specific ones that require actual clan achievements, and not just randomly slapping a expert engineer badge on a clan page - more in the sense of competitive event badges.

Clan achievements... That is an interesting idea, what do you have in mind? Perhaps some bigger clan war concept?

As for badge, I will say I didn't even know to claim them until I hit level 13 in pilot... oops... They don't have a huge purpose, that is true, but hey, they are collectable.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 11:46:39 am »

Clan achievements... That is an interesting idea, what do you have in mind? Perhaps some bigger clan war concept?

As for badge, I will say I didn't even know to claim them until I hit level 13 in pilot... oops... They don't have a huge purpose, that is true, but hey, they are collectable.

I was thinking of achievements in the sense of an accomplishment, not really like steam achievements. An accomplishment like winning a community event, that can only be achieved with a team/clan so it makes sense to put it on the clan page more than just a random character rank badge. Because having a random Expert Engineer badge on a clan's page is kind of dumb and useless because it has to represent the entirety of the clan.
If you have community event badges that were earned as a team, it makes sense for them to be displayed on clan pages.

By community event badges I mean these:
http://gunsoficarusonline.wikia.com/wiki/Badges#Community_Event_Badges

Offline Ashunera

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »
Ah, that makes sense