Author Topic: Raiding Eric's Desk  (Read 90151 times)

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Raiding Eric's Desk
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2015, 09:13:00 pm »
I'd love to help lore :D

*Hint hint*

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2015, 09:18:25 pm »
I'd love to help lore :D

*Hint hint*
I love lore, id be willing to help aswell

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2015, 09:22:34 pm »
A good proof I should help: Look at the counting thread. Remember my stories, eh?  ;)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2015, 09:58:17 pm »
A community driven lore competition event would be pretty good.

Ask the us to submit a page on few subjects: certain towns, battlefields, boss ships, etc. etc.

Than, instead of an endless writing and rewriting, you guys (the devs) can pick the ones that work. I bet you'll get a pretty good set to go off of. If the event ends up being a complete, utter failure, it's not like lore is getting lost.

In fact, give me a moment while I email this to feedback@muse.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2015, 10:06:53 pm »

Ask the us to submit a page on few subjects: certain towns, battlefields, boss ships, etc. etc.

Than, instead of an endless writing and rewriting, you guys (the devs) can pick the ones that work. I bet you'll get a pretty good set to go off of. If the event ends up being a complete, utter failure, it's not like lore is getting lost.

i second this motion

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2015, 08:21:52 am »

i second this motion

Thirded.

There's nothing to lose except the setup time, and it can only help.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2015, 09:21:18 am »
I'd help with the writing, but I'd probably make it a bit too chaotic.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2015, 09:58:44 am »
I'd help with the writing, but I'd probably make it a bit too chaotic.
considering what you did in the tavern thread, yeah probably

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2015, 05:10:19 pm »
I used to write lore, quests, and the setting (places, people, things, background) for another online game I am loath to mention. I was the master of taking their old crap and tying it to the new crap, then making it not crap. I must say that some of the other writers did not like me much when I told them their writing was not up to standard. Things went bad (due to some open but not open source issues), I pulled my work, and the entire thing left me rather cautious about getting too involved in the lore of a game again.

Anyways, I guess my point is that it is not an easy job. Not everything can be 'epic', so there is a lot of boilerplate writing.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2015, 05:56:53 pm »
I used to write lore, quests, and the setting (places, people, things, background) for another online game I am loath to mention. I was the master of taking their old crap and tying it to the new crap, then making it not crap. I must say that some of the other writers did not like me much when I told them their writing was not up to standard. Things went bad (due to some open but not open source issues), I pulled my work, and the entire thing left me rather cautious about getting too involved in the lore of a game again.

Anyways, I guess my point is that it is not an easy job. Not everything can be 'epic', so there is a lot of boilerplate writing.

Well, I'm definitely not suggesting that the community writes the entire epic lore. We just write tons of flavor texts, descriptions, and such that Muse can pick from.

If we let the entire lore be written by the community, it'll probably end up like our plan to raid Eric's desk, involving duct tape, pizza, traitorous Angleans, a Yeshan YMCA, an evil flying fortress, and a princess. Actually, I think I've had a dream like this. :)

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2015, 06:08:15 pm »
Aaand there's the RP Tavern, which is a clusterHEUGH of colored matter, Hellfire, and general chaos.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2015, 07:37:24 pm »

Well, I'm definitely not suggesting that the community writes the entire epic lore. We just write tons of flavor texts, descriptions, and such that Muse can pick from.

If we let the entire lore be written by the community, it'll probably end up like our plan to raid Eric's desk, involving duct tape, pizza, traitorous Angleans, a Yeshan YMCA, an evil flying fortress, and a princess. Actually, I think I've had a dream like this. :)
to be fair, i wasn't planning on vilifying myself. But someone calling me a spy well, i just ran with it.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2015, 08:26:38 pm »
I was actually talking about the person that has to do the 'picking'. Were there to be a community lore workshop thing, there would have to be a corresponding, full-time lore guru on the Muse team to sort it all out and make the master work. I am sure that will happen someday, but for now we will have to keep raiding various fortresses of office furniture.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2015, 08:28:55 pm »
raid Jacobs fern?

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2015, 08:31:23 pm »
raid Jacobs fern?

Anything but the fern. I'll sacrifice myself.

raid David's bed.