Author Topic: Information and my thoughts about Stamina, Specific Class Boosts and the Gun Hub  (Read 7458 times)

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Hello Everyone!  :)

As most of you know, the stamina testing took place a couple of days ago, and I have recorded some footage of it, and made YouTube video out of it. If you wish to just see the raw gameplay, you can
mute my winy voice, or if you like I could upload an unedited version. I "tried" to talk about all of the major things in this update, and also show them to you in video form.

If you don't want to watch the video, here is a small part of an email that I sent to Muse (Not sure if they got the email, as they never responded, but now at least it wasn't a waist, and you guys can read it! :

1.)The Stamina – I think that the stamina is good for being used with Kerosene or Moonshine for ramming. It would also be good if you have engines that are week, and then instead of Kerosene, you could use Stamina. ( I didn’t notice the engines health depleting, so please do correct me if they do deplete )

2.)Class-Specific Boosts – I think this is a good idea, but some of the powers / boosts need to be changed. For the gunners, having a faster reload speed, and also being able to turn their guns farther is obviously to do with gunning ( same goes for the pilot ), but for the engineer I see how running may help, but having a jump boost. I understand sometimes that an engineer may need to jump to be able to hit an item ( such as the middle engine on the Mobula ), but that is not the same as reload speed or the being able to turn your gun farther. When an item is fully broke, you have to rebuild it, and then it will work but have low health. Maybe for the engineer, the speed between hits could be lowered by a little bit, so that it takes less time to rebuild an item. This would not affect repairing the item, as the cool-down would stop that. It could also prevent the annoyance of when a gunner and an engineer are about to repair an item ( that is very nearly fully repaired ) after a cool-down, and the gunner hits it first with a mallet, instead of a wrench.

3.)The Guns HUD – As I am new to the development app, I am not sure when all of the HUD changes, but I do like how it looks now. This is also true for the gunner HUD, as it tells you all the information that you could possibly want. I think all of the HUD’s apart from the engineers are perfect. For the engineer, maybe there should be a button that you press that brings up a thing ( like when you press Q and see the achievements that you can complete ) and in it you can see all of the parts of the ship, and their health percentage ( obviously out of 100 ), so that you know what the most damaged item it. It would also tell you if it was on fire, and if it currently has a cool-down.

Here is a link to the YouTube video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krEPSH_e63c

Thanks for reading and have a good day!  ;)

Offline PixelatedVolume

• Salutes: 2
    • [PIEπ]
    • View Profile
I agree that a minimap-type hud piece would be helpful for some people to see what is broken.  I personally am used to the current layout but I have dealt with many a noob who tlost all awareness of those little icons when the shooting started.  Just make it an option for the people who could repair better that way.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
What happens in dev app stays in dev app, or at least it should. Not on general discussion subforum.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
What happens in dev app stays in dev app, or at least it should. Not on general discussion subforum.
Have to agree.  Not sure why this is here when there's a whole dev app discussion board

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Probably isn't a forum savvy person. Might need a mod to move it to it's appropriate place. Unless he doesn't have access.