Author Topic: Guns of Icarus Gatling Gun Guide  (Read 29754 times)

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Guns of Icarus Gatling Gun Guide
« on: April 06, 2015, 09:11:01 am »
Hello Everyone!

For those of you who would like to know inflammation about the Gatling gun, like what the best ammos are, and how to use it to destroy a ship really easily, I have made a YouTube tutorial video on it! I will hopefully be posting tutorials every day for the next two weeks, and I will not be posting them to the forums any more, as I am the only one that is posting in this section, so If you are interested and want to see more videos, please subscribe for 100% Guns of Icarus content. If you have any feedback, please leave it in the comments section on the video, as that is where I will be checking most of the time.

I spent 3-4 hours editing and recording this video, so a 'Thumbs up' 'Like' would be really appreciated, but of course you don't have to!

Here is the link to the Gatling Gun Guide:

Like I said, I do not think it would be appropriate to post al of my tutorials here, as this section of the forum isn't the most active, and it would be filled with just my posts. As I am new to this forum, I am not sure of the community made rules, so if you think that it would be okay to post all of my tutorials, then please tell me otherwise. Thanks!

Thank you very much for reading,and I hope that the Gatling Gun Guide helps you in some way!

-TheTeenageWizard

PS: Sorry for the loud bleep at the start, I am trying my best to get that removed, as the YouTube feature has glitched on me!  :)

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
Re: Guns of Icarus Gatling Gun Guide
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:41:16 am »
if you need a moving target or any help with those videos count me in, would love to see more of these!

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 12:33:14 pm »
if you need a moving target or any help with those videos count me in, would love to see more of these!
Sure! I will defiantly ask you if I need some help! Thanks for being willing and supportive!

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 12:48:24 pm »
I like it.

Easy to understand, and information is pretty accurate.

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 12:50:36 pm »
I like it.

Easy to understand, and information is pretty accurate.
Wow! Thank you very much! I spent along time making it, but I wasn't sure if it would be accepted as a 'guide' to the community! Thank you, It means allot!  :) :) :)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 06:26:09 pm »
Firstly, I'd recommend you not to improvise what you're saying, but rather prepare at least some basic points you want to make on the sheet of paper and follow that. You will sound more proffesional and people will like the more densed content more.

Secondly disable hints (at least while you're making a video) because they are distracting attention.

Then, there's no such thing as "powerful ammunition", really. Lochnagar perhaps could be defined as one, but that's not the case here. It's never worth shooting a baloon with a gatling gun, the only supposedly valid option would be using incendiary ammo to start fire on a baloon, but there are many things that do the same more effectively.

"Big gun" is called Heavy Flak (Cannon)

"[pyramidion] is the only ship that [gat-mortar] tactic really works" - nope nope nope nope nope nope nope NOPE, it works on Pyramidion, Mobula, Junker, Spire and sometimes even Squid and perhaps even Goldfish (Flakfish with gatlings? It's...possible, I'd say)

You could say that Lesmok due to wide spread of bullets isn't always the best choice to shoot far targets (that's why we use heavy clip), and also that it increases the speed of the bullet (so it hits the target faster on the same range). Also worth mentioning is that heavy clip due to it's concentrated fire is good for disabling.

I may be wrong here but isn't 4th supposed to be written 'fourth'?

More of a personal note: reminder about subscriptions in the middle of a video is distractive and in my opinion is not in good taste, leave the subscription stuff to the end of the video.

I may sound rude but I'd recommend you playing the game more before you start making tutorials.

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 05:44:04 am »
Firstly, I'd recommend you not to improvise what you're saying, but rather prepare at least some basic points you want to make on the sheet of paper and follow that. You will sound more proffesional and people will like the more densed content more.

Secondly disable hints (at least while you're making a video) because they are distracting attention.

Then, there's no such thing as "powerful ammunition", really. Lochnagar perhaps could be defined as one, but that's not the case here. It's never worth shooting a baloon with a gatling gun, the only supposedly valid option would be using incendiary ammo to start fire on a baloon, but there are many things that do the same more effectively.

"Big gun" is called Heavy Flak (Cannon)

"[pyramidion] is the only ship that [gat-mortar] tactic really works" - nope nope nope nope nope nope nope NOPE, it works on Pyramidion, Mobula, Junker, Spire and sometimes even Squid and perhaps even Goldfish (Flakfish with gatlings? It's...possible, I'd say)

You could say that Lesmok due to wide spread of bullets isn't always the best choice to shoot far targets (that's why we use heavy clip), and also that it increases the speed of the bullet (so it hits the target faster on the same range). Also worth mentioning is that heavy clip due to it's concentrated fire is good for disabling.

I may be wrong here but isn't 4th supposed to be written 'fourth'?

More of a personal note: reminder about subscriptions in the middle of a video is distractive and in my opinion is not in good taste, leave the subscription stuff to the end of the video.

I may sound rude but I'd recommend you playing the game more before you start making tutorials.

Thanks for spending some time to write a bit of feedback about my video. I missed a lot of things out in this video, as I was trying to go over the basics of the Gatling Gun. Some of the things such as calling it a "Big Gun" instead of the "Heavy Flak" was just because I had forgotten, because I was thinking of the next thing I was going to say. I am still trying to get the hang of speaking into a mic, and talking about something. I did make a list of notes, that I talked about during the video, but because I made so many mistakes, I edited allot of things out, and redid them. That is where some of the information got lost. I understand that the Pyramidion isn't the only ship, and that there are many other with multiple front facing guns, but what I was trying to say ( and it came out wrong ), was that the Pyramidion is one of the best ships for the Gatling Gun and Mortar tactic. And yes, "4th" is spelt like "fourth".
I will be doing a lot more revision about the topics that my tutorials are going to be covering in the future, so hopefully I wont make as many mistakes.
Thanks for giving me feedback, and I will try to persevere around these problems that you have pointed out.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 06:06:44 am »
Its nice you're putting in the effort and time, kudos for that  8)
I will stress one point which Disaster brought up already..

Write a script first, not just notes.. "Lets play" videos you may have a few notes to bring up during play, but tutorials should be as factual as possible, meaning a script would be best used..
And yes Subscription at the end, much more classy 8)

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 06:09:11 am »
Its nice you're putting in the effort and time, kudos for that  8)
I will stress one point which Disaster brought up already..

Write a script first, not just notes.. "Lets play" videos you may have a few notes to bring up during play, but tutorials should be as factual as possible, meaning a script would be best used..
And yes Subscription at the end, much more classy 8)
Okay! Thanks for the feedback! Next tutorial I will write a script, and I have positioned the subscription at the end for my "Stamina Testing Review" video today!  :) :)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 06:17:44 am »
If writing down points doesn't help you can try writing down 'everything' you have to say and learning it by heart. When you'll be speaking you will forget a sentence or add one, but most of the thought will be provided. There's no shame in doing that, that's how I learned my presentation* for my high school finals. You can also divide it into paragraphs and only record 3-4 sentences at the time (so you don't make mistakes).

*Ahh, good times, the subject was about roots (reasons) of evil and I started with something like: "Well, it's really hard to tell, because 'what' is evil? There are cannibals in New Guinea who see nothing wrong in eating humans. On the other hand, in Middle East women can't drive cars, which is perfectly normal here..."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:21:22 am by Mr.Disaster »

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 07:55:51 am »
If writing down points doesn't help you can try writing down 'everything' you have to say and learning it by heart. When you'll be speaking you will forget a sentence or add one, but most of the thought will be provided. There's no shame in doing that, that's how I learned my presentation for my high school finals. You can also divide it into paragraphs and only record 3-4 sentences at the time (so you don't make mistakes).
I normally record a sentence at a time, then edit it all together. I will try to do this in my next tutorial!

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 09:40:34 am »
If you mean a dev app stamina review, best not to unless its unlisted for the devs only...

Everything in the dev up is strictly subject to change and purely for testing purposes before release, which means more likely than not it'll change again before being released in game, I would save Stamina review until it is released in the game itself, not Dev app...

But you could do a Minotaur review!
It is after all the newest released gun and still relatively recent. :)

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 09:52:19 am »
If you mean a dev app stamina review, best not to unless its unlisted for the devs only...

Everything in the dev up is strictly subject to change and purely for testing purposes before release, which means more likely than not it'll change again before being released in game, I would save Stamina review until it is released in the game itself, not Dev app...

But you could do a Minotaur review!
It is after all the newest released gun and still relatively recent. :)
I did ask the Muse Staff member if I could upload if I could upload it on the night, and he said it was fine as long as I stated that it was a development version and not a full release. And I also will be doing a Minotaur review in the next week or so!

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 10:14:55 am »
Awesome 8)

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
    • [AI]