Author Topic: More prestigious badges!  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
More prestigious badges!
« on: April 05, 2015, 08:34:57 pm »
I think that getting the Citizen badges is too easy. To be a Golden Citizen you only need 40 recommendations and 10 recommendations from enemy captains. Well make it 200 and 50 so you actually have to work some time on it.

This is still a thing, a "gold" citizen means nothing. NOTHING, I SAAAAAY!
So firstly, the thing mentioned above. Secondly, I'd love to see some badges that you get based on your games played (becuase that's the best indicator of someone's time spent in game), so a badge for 500, 1000 and 1500/2000 matches played. The first one could be called a Combatant, second a Veteran (since 1000 matches seems to be a borderline for being called a veteran of GOIO) and the third a General (perhaps?).

Some graphical feedback, but just loose ideas:

Especially the first on the left.

And this is how I'd imagine the General badge:

(it says "For the motherland and nation" it's an Order of the White Eagle)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: More prestigious badges!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 08:59:06 pm »
that's a good idea in my opinion, literally one of the easiest to get, just put in the time

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 09:16:48 pm »
3rd can be The Old Guard...  Sounds better then General.. and is a step ahead of Veteran.. I think..

I always wanted badges for really hard or just weird challenges.. but they aren't as interesting since you can cheat it.. but things like a flare kill or rebuild a hull that has 1 hp left.. or maybe ultra long distance kill.. Destroy 1000 parts after your ship died..

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 11:41:47 pm »
military ranking would be dumb... as everyone would eventually become generals (its a sky navy so it should actually be commander or admiral)...

A whole team full of generals/leader-type ranks seems really retarded.

war heroes? veterans?
that makes more sense.

Though this does bring about something missing in this game. regular achieve cycle. A THING a player can do over and over and get rewarded.

iunno... like match count every 100? earns you the right to a token to redeem for paint and dyes.

but some colours like black dye requires 3 tokens or something.