Author Topic: Support Descent: Underground on Kickstarter  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Support Descent: Underground on Kickstarter
« on: April 05, 2015, 03:16:30 pm »
There are very few games that I am completely passionate about. One, obviously, is Guns of Icarus. Another is a game from my younger days, when DOOM and other sprite games topped the charts. One game took the popular 'shoot em up' genre to a higher level... or should I say down a level. Underground.

Of course, I am talking about the Descent series of games. Not the Descent Freespace ones, as, though good, were a space flight sim. I am talking of the original tunnel-flying, claustrophobic, nowhere to run, 'up'-is-just-a-guideline-not-the-rule, vertigo inducing, yes-I-am-falling-out-of-my-chair, 360 degrees of freedom, shooter Descents 1, 2, and 3.

Some big names are now in the process of restarting that series, and going back to its roots. Descent: Underground is a prequel to the original Descent, building the story of the infestation and mega-corp takeover. And it looks beautiful.

If you have fond memories of Descent, or are intrigued by the concept, click the image and help me support this game. There are only a few days left to support the game and get a discounted copy. If you want to try out the originals, they are all on Steam (currently on sale until April 6th. Make sure to get the DXX-Rebirth mod pack).

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Support Descent: Underground on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 12:15:44 pm »
8 hours left to go to get in on the Kickstarter deals. $40k to reach the funding mark.