Author Topic: Possible Galleon Meta Broadside?  (Read 19053 times)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: Possible Galleon Meta Broadside?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 02:50:41 pm »
Well Eric said on a Fireside he's too busy to change the notes right away, if ever. Any more pressure about it and he (jokingly?) threatened to remove the notes all together.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 03:08:14 pm »
I had read the 1.4.0 hotfix 1 notes incorrectly. Range remains unchanged while velocity and shatter dmg are reduced. So it's still a long range gun but is significantly more difficult to hit at those ranges.

Kinda sounds balanced to me...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:27:59 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 06:12:38 pm »
It is barely used at all. so balance is not good. It is hard to shoot (with good results), and not very rewarding, so not much fun. It has very limited use on very few builds, much like its smaller mirror brother, the harpoon. I have made some suggestions in an email that I hope will be tested.

As for broadside Galleon.... the upwards arc decapitation has made it a very hard sell. Blenders can once again just waltz up and kill you. It is still valid on a Spire, though.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 06:21:08 pm »
I was unaware that they reduced the vertical arcs. I saw the up arc as good to help defend against tactics like blending. Such nerf

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 08:25:18 pm »
Well Eric said on a Fireside he's too busy to change the notes right away, if ever. Any more pressure about it and he (jokingly?) threatened to remove the notes all together.

lol I rarely hear people say "Let me take a look at the notes/reports"

I'm not even sure what % of the population is even aware.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 11:48:11 pm »
I think a lot of us do look at the notes. I do for one, because changes warrant a discussion.

Anyways, Muse never does subtle balance patches, do they? Minotaur was powerful one day, weak the next. Somewhere in-between must be the golden balance.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 07:53:46 am »
Minotaur used to be powerful, but not really useful. Now it's weak and still not useful.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 08:37:25 am »
Like you said, Muse doesn't do subtle balance changes. Don't get your hopes up.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 12:24:42 am »
Waaaat greased minotaur is only best at 200  meeter range? Buulll crappooo! But i havent tried either, cus i cant. I seriously cannot grab a serious test of this in pub and competetive setting. Can someone actualy use the minotaur for a good period and find juicy stuff?

Cus currently i hear people say its useless but not how. From when i used it, still pretty viable but never experimented or used it often.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 03:27:09 am »
The issue with using greased at further ranges is the dispersion of particles. This causes some particles to miss and others to hit balloon. I observed that the particles that hit aren't concentrated enough to push effectively. Greased can be used at further ranges, but of the particles that hit some will hit balloon and others will spread out too much to reliably push. In many cases I'd encourage using heavy clip up to 300 meters or even closer if your goal is max pushing and damage.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 06:02:13 am »
The gun is really shit right now, no way around it. It's really sad because we waited so long for a new gun, even longer for a new heavy gun, and it can't be implemented as a balanced, viable weapon. I really am struggling to understand why a certain someone in charge of balance has not lost his job.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:25:05 am by Byron Cavendish »

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 11:17:35 am »
The gun is really shit right now, no way around it. It's really sad because we waited so long for a new gun, even longer for a new heavy gun, and it can't be implemented as a balanced, viable weapon. I really am struggling to understand why a certain someone in charge of balance has not lost his job.

The devs thought the Pyra needed a Nerf, and that the extinguisher is fine as is and they need to nerf Flamer. They're utter shite at balancing, you should know this.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2015, 06:41:04 pm »
The issue with using greased at further ranges is the dispersion of particles. This causes some particles to miss and others to hit balloon. I observed that the particles that hit aren't concentrated enough to push effectively. Greased can be used at further ranges, but of the particles that hit some will hit balloon and others will spread out too much to reliably push. In many cases I'd encourage using heavy clip up to 300 meters or even closer if your goal is max pushing and damage.

If you want max disruption, you almost always aim at the balloon mid to long range since it sticks out the most on most ships. I have my Mino gunners bring Lesmok, heavy, and whatever. Generally charged at close range. The reasons for charged close range instead of greased is that it only takes two shots to disrupt any ship pretty badly. Greased or burst actually have too many shots, so you end up pushing/spinning them too much. Charged gives the best armor damage close range with the best control.

*edit (needs to stop giving out his secrets)