Author Topic: Notice before report.  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Notice before report.
« on: April 02, 2015, 06:25:44 pm »
The popup for reporting is good (though I have never seen it) for problem people, but from some of what I have seen, it is overused sometimes. The popup grabs someone's attention fast, and that shapes a lot of players up rather quickly. Others are a lost cause, obviously. I think perhaps there should be a middle ground between a full report and just telling someone to chill out or you will report them, which often results in becoming a target. This would cut down on reports mods have to go through.

So, my suggestion is as follows. Rather than sending a report right away, there would be an option (default) to send a warning to the player that they might get reported. A popup would appear like report, but nothing would be sent.

"Notice! You will be reported for [reason] if you do not adjust your behavior. Your actions are being recorded. A full report could result in a mute or ban."

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Notice before report.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 06:42:57 pm »
Yes. To prevent overuse it should be in the menu under "report abuse". So when you click report abuse you first get the option of warning the player by default.

I think the message should include something about they should either adjust behavior or leave the current ship. This would help prevent future conflict between the players.

Should there be only one warning before a full report? If that was communicated then the player would be aware that further trouble could cause a full report.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:46:23 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Notice before report.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 12:27:25 pm »
It would be helpful if the warning was translated. For now I think it would make no difference, but heck, I'd like to see it in the game anyways. Just a little "it's your last chance, guy*" message.

*inb4 I'm not you guy, friend**
**I'm not your friend, mate...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YZvu-apIis