Author Topic: Rebuilding  (Read 11914 times)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuilding
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 06:16:18 pm »
(First person is still a little broken for reasons unknown. I am not a technical artist and there are some ancient bits of code down in those systems that never get touched anymore.)

It is important to regularly clean up code. You might want to touch it.

Touch the code.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 10:05:29 am »
I haven't had access to the code base since classes started up again in the fall. Trust me, this is a weird one, and I am still not a technical artist.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 08:16:24 pm »
If you want to scientifically test it you should use a program like FRAPS to record and count the number of frames from the first mouse input being received to the time the part appears to be fully repaired on the UI. Timing it by hand is not precise enough to notice any differences at the time scales this fix might still be iffy. The animation however is still pretty broken and that can significantly affect perception of the problem. That and the fact that rapid clicking was ingrained for years in people's minds and you get the result of people still doing it. Hell I still do it and I fixed it!

Yeah, I was frame counting it in all my tests and found it very slightly slower - which is still more upsides for using spamming since I am already used to it :P

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 09:56:08 pm »
RSI will not make rebuilds faster on the long term.