Author Topic: Incendiary buff  (Read 9152 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Incendiary buff
« on: April 01, 2015, 03:20:07 pm »
Incendiary causes a large dps penalty in exchange for comparatively low fire chance. Because it reduces range by 30% its main use is in arm time weapons.

Pubs use incendiary with the expectation that it will turn their gat into a flamethrower gat but it isn't very effective. Besides the gat it has virtually no use in anything other than carros.

The fire chance should be boosted to give incendiary use as an alternative to dps and range. I think 30% is a good start (currently 20%)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:22:59 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Incendiary buff
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 04:58:28 pm »
here was me thinking it was a buff hammer that set its own parts on fire.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 06:49:12 pm »
I'd give it a go, +1

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 02:25:46 pm »
Incendiary Gat works wonders on a pyra's engines. It destroys them with normal damage while also setting them alight, forcing the engineers to have to put out the fires first but by then the engines are already destroyed and here comes the mortar with the hull unmanned because the engineer is trying to fix the engines.

I love it, but I agree that 20% chance is far too low of a chance for an incendiary round to start a fire. Thats, only 1/5 shots, where as 30% would be 1/3 shots. Much cooler.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 02:36:07 pm »
If a Pyramideon's engines are not chem-sprayed, you are up against an extremely inexperienced team. Easiest repair cycle in the game.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 02:44:41 pm »
If a Pyramideon's engines are not chem-sprayed, you are up against an extremely inexperienced team. Easiest repair cycle in the game.

You only need a 1 second window. Catch 'em off guard.

----

and hey look "Each time an Incendiary Round hits a part, it has two chances to give a component one fire charge - one for the direct hit, and the other for the AoE - effectively rendering the fire ignition chance to be 40% with both a successful direct and AoE hit. A big downside to using this ammunition type is that potential fire immunity renders Incendiary Rounds useless."

~http://gunsoficarusonline.wikia.com/wiki/Incendiary_Rounds
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:47:12 pm by Grey-Wolf Jack »

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 02:55:05 pm »
Against knowledgeable engineers, they wouldn't even bother putting out the fire on engines if they have chem spray. To put it into perspective: 20 fire stacks on engines do less damage than 1 fire stack on the Balloon.

Also +1 to Incendiary Rounds buff, higher fire chance would be nice.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 04:51:23 pm »
But how often did we try incendiary? I mean its the most sneaky fire setting ways. Whenever you bring flamethrowers, the enemies should always be 3 times more into fighting fire, while incendiary slips in because no one really takes too much attention to a gunners loadout so you pretty much have a way of adding fire.

But the problem still stands that the Cons of the incendiary heavily outweighs the Pros.

We could either tone down the bad qualities.
Or turn up the benefits.

I would vote for turning up the benefits.  20% fire up to 40... thats double, cus im not sure exactly how much i would add.

Offline MidnightWonko

• Salutes: 5
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »
Probability isn't exactly my strong suit (suite?), but as stated before, that 20% of applied to both direct and splash damage, so that's probably somewhere around 40% to start a fire per hit already, and possibly a 4% chance to start two fires?

Correct me if I'm wrong about the above, but that already seems like an excellent chance to start fires with weapons that have either large clips or tons of particles launched per shot.

Also, isn't incendiary sometimes used on the mine launcher?

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 06:15:54 pm »
It's used on the mine launcher because it gives the largest arming time reduction outside lochnagar.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 02:54:07 am »
Incendiary either needs to have its rounds sped up, or do slightly more fire damage. Who's with me?

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 04:18:31 am »
Signed...in total favor of a buff.