Author Topic: What do you do to pass the time in MM?  (Read 23696 times)

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do to pass the time in MM?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 04:28:26 pm »
Waiting for one more player is just so exhilarating!

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 06:34:31 pm »
Talking to people, mostly.  Sometimes tab out and waste time on the internet.  Sometimes I draw.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 09:43:55 pm »
Play Air Buccaneers

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 05:33:35 am »
So I'd say in about 2 weeks I've maybe only had 1 or 2 matches that didn't feel like a novice match and even then they were stomps. Most matches I see both novices and higher levels flying with mostly AI crews. Like I do but what bothers me about it is...in lobbies people used to wait for players to join and generally wanted human contact. With MM, AI has become an acceptable thing to have.

This can't be healthy for the community.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 10:34:11 am »
Most matches I see both novices and higher levels flying with mostly AI crews. Like I do but what bothers me about it is...in lobbies people used to wait for players to join and generally wanted human contact. With MM, AI has become an acceptable thing to have.

I've had the opposite experience. In the old system I'd frequently ready up and start matches dominated by all AI. Now it's hard to ready up without people joining. I haven't played with an all AI crew in about a week. I can't remember the last time the whole lobby was mostly AI. I rarely encounter ships that start with all AI but in the old system that was very common. Overall MM has greatly improved the all AI problem; I play a lot and don't see it.

As for most matches feeling like novice, that happens around a quarter or third the time with me and no different from the old system. The rest feel like regular pub matches. Currently there are few that feel like upper level pub matches, I'd guess a quarter or less. The rematches need to be changed so good lobbies don't disappear after 3 plays.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:39:37 am by BlackenedPies »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 11:30:52 am »
Most matches I see both novices and higher levels flying with mostly AI crews. Like I do but what bothers me about it is...in lobbies people used to wait for players to join and generally wanted human contact. With MM, AI has become an acceptable thing to have.

I've had the opposite experience. In the old system I'd frequently ready up and start matches dominated by all AI. Now it's hard to ready up without people joining. I haven't played with an all AI crew in about a week. I can't remember the last time the whole lobby was mostly AI. I rarely encounter ships that start with all AI but in the old system that was very common. Overall MM has greatly improved the all AI problem; I play a lot and don't see it.

As for most matches feeling like novice, that happens around a quarter or third the time with me and no different from the old system. The rest feel like regular pub matches. Currently there are few that feel like upper level pub matches, I'd guess a quarter or less. The rematches need to be changed so good lobbies don't disappear after 3 plays.

Well the proposed changes in dev app wont help the rematches unless its a good lobby of players who know where the rematch button is, otherwise unlimited rematches is a good thing...  Still default to crew form :(

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 04:54:36 pm »
Probably play at different times. High pop vs low pop. When the pop is around 50 you can sit there for 30+ minutes before you get enough to even start a match under AI. Suspect a chunk of that number is AFKers cause steam cards. There is obviously at least 1 other match going. Usually when you make a custom and pull in from queue it nets about 3-6 people. So give or take looking at actual active numbers being closer to around 30 or lower. That is actually a little worse than it was pre MM. Before MM I was noticing the numbers would climb and drop but slowly gaining more to the baseline.

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 05:01:37 pm »
Still default to crew form :(

Which is insane if we think about it: crew reform is a voluntary process among friends. Should never be the standard

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2015, 04:42:05 am »
Still default to crew form :(

Which is insane if we think about it: crew reform is a voluntary process among friends. Should never be the standard

Default to crew form is for the benefit of Match Maker...

We should preach and spread the word of Rematch Button!
Alongside the word of Spanner Mallet (Not Mallet Spanner!)

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2015, 07:31:15 am »

Crew Formation
is for the benefit of
Match Maker
for the purpose of
Balanced Games
instead of
Staked Games
that are caused by
Match Maker
that are caused by
Crew Formation

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2015, 07:36:36 am »

Crew Formation
is for the benefit of
Match Maker
for the purpose of
Balanced Games
instead of
Staked Games
that are caused by
Match Maker
that are caused by
Crew Formation

I may just email this one post as "Match Maker in a nutshell" to Muse

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 04:41:54 pm »
You know what really irks me that I finally realized recently. MM forces everyone, even custom made lobbies into scramble. The moment you hit recruit from queue, you get scrambled.

So the solution...a friend of mine and I would constantly swap sides or make new lobbies over and over. Making new lobbies worked best as we could pick the map we wanted to fly on every time and weren't at the mercy of others. If ships rage quit, which they commonly did, then we'd swap and remain in the lobby but otherwise we'd drop and make a new lobby then fill from queue.

Sometimes you have to sit there a bit and a CA one day implied not to because it was spreading an already thin population across multiple lobbies so that none of the lobbies would start full. Frankly, don't care. Muse can just fix matchmaking or bring back the lobby list. Heck if CAs get a list then lets all apply for CA status and then we won't complain anymore.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 01:04:28 pm »
You know what really irks me that I finally realized recently. MM forces everyone, even custom made lobbies into scramble. The moment you hit recruit from queue, you get scrambled.

So the solution...a friend of mine and I would constantly swap sides or make new lobbies over and over. Making new lobbies worked best as we could pick the map we wanted to fly on every time and weren't at the mercy of others. If ships rage quit, which they commonly did, then we'd swap and remain in the lobby but otherwise we'd drop and make a new lobby then fill from queue.

Sometimes you have to sit there a bit and a CA one day implied not to because it was spreading an already thin population across multiple lobbies so that none of the lobbies would start full. Frankly, don't care. Muse can just fix matchmaking or bring back the lobby list. Heck if CAs get a list then lets all apply for CA status and then we won't complain anymore.

CAs don't get a list, we only get a novice list, which I've not seen a single novice match since the last sale as there is not enough traffic in the low levels to make novice a plausible thing during non sale times.

The CA who told you, was using their common sense.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 06:31:48 pm »
Thats cause all the novices are now considered regular players...

Frankly, lets dump the novice crap. If every match is going to be a meat grind anyways then at least let us vets bathe in their rage quit tears :D.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2015, 11:16:24 pm »
Thats cause all the novices are now considered regular players...

Frankly, lets dump the novice crap. If every match is going to be a meat grind anyways then at least let us vets bathe in their rage quit tears :D.

I won't say I'm a vet, but can I roll with you?