Author Topic: Sailing under the Moldy flag. :D  (Read 12319 times)

Offline Funghi the Moldy

• Salutes: 2
    • [MOLD]
    • View Profile
Sailing under the Moldy flag. :D
« on: March 30, 2015, 03:58:59 am »
Ahoy Maties!

Cap'n Funghi the Moldy is hoping for some new recruits for The Moldy SkyPirates! We aren't just accepting any sloppy sailor off of every grubby port we sail into though. Oh no, we are looking for active players who would like to learn together but have some experience in the game. Great Gunners, Excellent Navigators, and Superb Engineers are all welcome aboard!

We would be honored to have distinguished pirates join and sail under The Moldy flag, so please inquire and join us. The more active sailors we have in our clan, the more chances we have of joining crews together to have Clan practices and set up fantastic crews for battling our enemies!

We are currently in the recruiting stage so some pirates have an opportunity to become officers by recruiting other fellow moldy pirates. The officer status can either be temporary or long term if desired, but we are also looking for a few officers passionate about having an active clan willed with strong and competent pirates aboard. If a newly appointed officer can recruit several good pirates for the Moldy flag we would be delighted to have such a passionate officer aboard.

Again, we are looking for active players who would like to grow and learn together. We will be scheduling practice times shortly after gaining some more recruits, planning to host weekly practices for those who can make it (and also making it available for those pirates who can catch one week but not another), along with monthly meets to pin crews in the clan against each other to improve our skills and experiment a bit.

Thank you for your time and possible consideration for sailing under the Moldy flag, may the spores be with you!

Sincerely,
The moldy pirate, Funghi

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing under the Moldy flag. :D
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 09:28:22 am »
Good luck in getting your clan up and running, you seem pretty good!

I'm not quite up for joining (Not because you don't seem good enough I mean) but I'd love to join your practice games and help out a bit. I've got quite a lot of experience in the game despite my level.

Offline Funghi the Moldy

• [MOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 04:30:15 pm »
Well if you would like to ask "Cake" if they would like to have a moldy cake practice I think it would be sweet to have some clan to clan action in the skies! Not trying to lure you in but we could use a distinguished sailor as yourself ;) but like I said, I'm not trying to take anyone away from any clan, merely just trying to get others to join so a group of enthusiasts can practice and sail together. :D If the Cake flag decides against a Clan vs. Clan practice just align a crew together and we will schedule a practice soon :) Thanks for the reply David Dire

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:36 pm »
Can the SLUG's come too?

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 08:13:09 pm »
Well if you would like to ask "Cake" if they would like to have a moldy cake practice I think it would be sweet to have some clan to clan action in the skies! Not trying to lure you in but we could use a distinguished sailor as yourself ;) but like I said, I'm not trying to take anyone away from any clan, merely just trying to get others to join so a group of enthusiasts can practice and sail together. :D If the Cake flag decides against a Clan vs. Clan practice just align a crew together and we will schedule a practice soon :) Thanks for the reply David Dire

Not sure if I could get the clan in, but I most likely could bring a cake or two with me. Maybe we could have Slug/Cake ship Hybrid Vs Moldy.

If you guys scrape together two ships worth maybe we could get 2 ships also.

Or we could lobby a 4v4 together.

Why not both?

Offline Funghi the Moldy

• [MOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 09:58:49 pm »
Sounds like a plan to me! so far the most I would be able to maybe guarantee really, would be about a ship and a quarter... hence the reason we are recruiting and I decided to bring it to the forum. I figured people who actually go on the forum might be passionate enough that it  would be a joy to have them sailing for the moldy flag! So first I gotta get some more recruits but then yes lets have a SLUG, Cake, and Mold Clan practice. Even if we can get a good 2 v 2 going of mix matching it would be great to get some practice in to be honest.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 09:14:10 am »
Sounds like a plan to me! so far the most I would be able to maybe guarantee really, would be about a ship and a quarter... hence the reason we are recruiting and I decided to bring it to the forum. I figured people who actually go on the forum might be passionate enough that it  would be a joy to have them sailing for the moldy flag! So first I gotta get some more recruits but then yes lets have a SLUG, Cake, and Mold Clan practice. Even if we can get a good 2 v 2 going of mix matching it would be great to get some practice in to be honest.

Alright, sounds good! Would Friday (That's in four days for me) work?
I'll also PM Koali

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 09:15:56 am »
Well, I share a laptop, so I don't know when I'll be up to it.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 09:17:47 am »
Well, I share a laptop, so I don't know when I'll be up to it.

Ah, alright, we can get that worked out later.

Offline Funghi the Moldy

• [MOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 09:38:05 pm »
I believe friday will be too early for me as well unfortunately, however I will try to get recruiting to have a team ready ASAP :)

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 12:29:50 pm »
Alright then, just tell me when you're ready!

Offline Funghi the Moldy

• [MOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 03:37:37 pm »
Actually, might be sooner than I think! right now we are already up to 14 members and we just got our first new applicant without anyone recruiting them first! Yay! The moldy flag will fly high in the clouds soon enough me hearties, just wanna get a few more people in order to make sure that when we plan the date for our practice that we can at least have two ships ready to sail based on scheduling it for everyone. I'm thinking sometime in the evening might be better and just like you suggested David Dire, it would be wise to plan for a friday or weekend. How does 8 or 9 central time work for you and the SLUG flag?

Offline Funghi the Moldy

• [MOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 02:52:36 am »
So how does Saturday evening, the evening of April 11th work for you guys? say we start like 7-8pm Central time, so 8-9pm EST? if we can't all start right away that's fine. I could probably play all evening but some of my crew might not be able to sign on until a little after we start possibly. Still need to see if that time works for them, but what about you guys?

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 07:37:08 am »
Sounds good for me, yep.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 09:09:11 am »
WELP. I haven't actually got a crew, so I'll have to hop in with David.