Author Topic: Player run Defence Tower [Coop/Adventure]  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Player run Defence Tower [Coop/Adventure]
« on: April 01, 2015, 03:34:45 am »
I was thinking about how the giant super heavy gun would be implemented, and the way i could think of is a manual reload. By that, an engineer or gunner has to get off, run around and add in new ammo much like it needs repairing. Just that to fill the gun, another player has to reload.

[This is for coop/adventure mode btw]
And that idea spanned even greater torwards manning a defence tower.
So instead of boarding, you take over a weapons tower which has bunch of weapons around itself, even the big one.
The one ship has to park in it, then repair it while their ally defends them. Once it is repaired, it is claimed. Now they have to hold it against giant waves, but with the help of having the tower.
And the tower has bunch of weapons to be used for firepower and defence. Like each side has 3 guns that combo well (2 hades + heavy flak. 2 Lumbers + heavyF. 3Xminotaur). And the Fourth gun is a giant super heavy gun that can rotate around, which most likely if i think about it will be manned by the pilot but may be better for a gunner. But it needs to be reloaded manualy by a player in another part of the tower. So the pilot/gunner jumps on the big gun using the super heavy gun for the sake of killing boss ships or airships (Lochnagar oooo!).

When they succesfully defended the area with the tower, another location opens up and they all have to move there.
I was thinking a scenario where the enemies are coming in from 3 different direction, the tower takes on 2 of them while the ally ship takes the third. urging for Ship to Tower communication in terms of target and role. Just a really odd idea where we can realistically use one of the big super heavy guns, killing ships in one blow and using our battle airships as not just gun platforms but also vessels to get someplace and then get off.

Here is another balance.

This coop map (or adventure whatever) Features 3 towers to claim. The first and second towers are not mandatory to prevail in, but if you fail in one or both, the third tower will have 1 (or 2 if you didnt win at the other two towers) less gun on each side for the third tower. So the objective is to claim towers and prevail in holding them to have more guns for use on the third Tower.

Just a daydream idea