Author Topic: Pilot engi tools and ammos?  (Read 21095 times)

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Pilot engi tools and ammos?
« on: March 28, 2015, 05:43:53 pm »
I find there is a variation in the pattern pilots all around pick their engineering tools and ammos. What do you prefer?

Personally I'm spanner4life unless it's a spire, then it's pipe wrench. I am considering taking mallet on a junker for hydro+free repairs sometime though.

And I've recently gotten into the habit of taking the "Lucky lochnagar" for ships I dont anticipate to gun in.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:03:57 pm by MightyKeb »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Pilot engi tools and ammos?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 05:48:35 pm »
Ammo for me is what works best on every gun on the ship, or close to.

Engi tool is usually spanner, because Pilot should be off helm for when you REALLY need that balloon/hull up NOW.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 06:27:52 pm »
It definitely depends on the ship/build.  In most cases, I would take a spanner, since by the time a pilot is helping with repairs, it's probably time to rebuild important components, but there are definitely exceptions.  For example, I've seen a squid pilot take a buff hammer and help buff the engines, since a squid pilot is highly unlikely to go repair things.

Ammo is also situational, but I usually have lochnagar for emergency mines.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 07:45:42 pm »
Pipe wrench because an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of spanner. This is for Junkers and Galleons. Other ships, never really find myself repairing.

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 08:12:57 pm »
spanner for "oh no oh no" moments and heat-sink for my precious flare gun

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 08:42:13 pm »
I find there is a variation in the pattern pilots all around pick their engineering tools and ammos. What do you prefer?

Personally I'm spanner4life unless it's a spire, then it's pipe wrench. I am considering taking mallet on a junker for hydro+free repairs sometime though.

And I've recently gotten into the habit of taking the "Lucky lochnagar" for ships I dont anticipate to gun in.

Even if I know I'm gunning I take Lochnagar. I'm sure I wouldnt be so good without it.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 09:02:49 pm »
Buff hammer, generally, on Galleon, Junker, Squid, and Goldfish. Pipe or Mallet on Spire. Mallet on Pyramidian. Pipe on Mobula.

Ammo really depends on build. Squid, Junker, Goldfish, and Pyra are whatever. I don't shoot. Mobula, Spire, Galleon depends on build.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 09:10:52 pm »
Depends on the top gun that i use on the spire, which is usually Lesmok or Lochnagar.

And for repair tool, pipe wrench but tempted to bring mallet.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 04:03:19 pm »
On Junker, Mallet. You can get off the helm, turn around, whack, and get back on the helm pretty quick. You can kinda self-sustain the use of altitude tools.

On most other ships, spanner. I usually get off when engines are down. Since than piloting is useless.

Ammo type? Usually heatsink, which goes into an unused gun before piloting starts. I bring specific ammos on certain builds. Lesmok for Mobula (with Hades top), greased/burst on close range Spire (with a mortar on the near-helm gun). But I usually end up never loading these ammos into the guns.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 04:18:43 pm »
Pipe wrench on junker galleon and spire. Extinguisher on mobula.

Ammo is usually lesmok or loch. Heatsink on mobula.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 08:07:19 pm »
Depends on your build and what you are facing.

I've switched to spanner exclusively as more often than not I'll be more useful as a rebuilder than a repair or buffer. Munker combat you learn that quickly as your balloon is popped more often than not.

I've also insisted all gunners go to spanner too. Similar mindset. Bow mine cannot ever be down for long and wrench takes too long to rebuild so front gunner and engineer get it up. Then if armor is down, gunner helps rebuild it faster. On other boats it is similar. Engineers then just come by and tap it once after rebuild which takes a lot less time than the gunner sitting there whacking at something with wrench.

Ammo again, varies. Often times I use incendiary for close range mines as cases where I'll need to man a gun are usually in "oh shit" moments. Munkers again, see most pilot gunner time as to build a shield wall up with a damaged vessel requires the pilot and gunner to be mining while the engineers tend to the ship. Turned around a lot of bad situations by just hopping off the helm and tossing out a few.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 04:35:52 pm »

As a captain I always take my fire extinguisher just incase my helm catches on fire. Generally for ammo, I take whichever ammo fits my mood. I take charged rounds if I'm feeling charged, or want to charge in a pyramidion. I'll take greased rounds if I'm in a squid and feel slippery. I'll take burst rounds if I plan on exploding.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 05:31:41 pm »
Would be funny if the helm did catch fire, and 20 stacks would kick the pilot off. No damage to the ship, just the fire lock.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 06:58:04 pm »
Would be funny if the helm did catch fire, and 20 stacks would kick the pilot off. No damage to the ship, just the fire lock.

Right?

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 07:26:16 pm »

Right?

#LoadingHeatsinkinHelmCaptain

#LoadingLochnagarinHelmCaptain