Author Topic: Half the hull nerf of the pyra  (Read 7934 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Half the hull nerf of the pyra
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:15:12 am »
I find myself targetting Pyras over any other ship because of that hull nerf and its really depressing how easy it is.

Pyra or junker? Pyra-bigger target, sluggish to turn, no hull. While the junker is a broadside and can really be found to have any real blind spots, plus it has a very tankable hull.

Pyra vs squid? pyra, squid has more mobility, more hull, small target.

Pyra vs fish? mobility, dangerous heavy gun that gets arcs fast. more hull.

seeing a pattern? The pyra needed a nerf but what was given was by far too harsh.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Half the hull nerf of the pyra
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:31:56 am »
With all the respect do we really need another topic about this? Plenty have been made already, you jumped on the wagon too late.
Not saying it out of anything but pure logic of already having about 4-5 topics going on about this.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:48:38 am »
Gat banshee squids counter any pyra build now I find since the hull is low one for ban to 1 clip it, rip pyra, went from being viable to vs squids with to hardcounter

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 01:37:06 pm »
On the other hand, pyramidions are 'still' extremely popular.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 01:38:01 pm »
Gat banshee squids counter any pyra build now I find since the hull is low one for ban to 1 clip it, rip pyra, went from being viable to vs squids with to hardcounter

MightyKeb I think you had a stroke when writing that.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 01:58:24 pm »
Pyras can still do what they did before, they just have to be more carefull. Before they could just go in willy nilly while every other ship had to be carefull, now it actualy has to FIND an advantage. But regarding pub play, i still kill Spires quicker than a Pyra due to how pyras actualy bring a fight if it knows what it does. Which most pyras do than spires.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 02:06:56 pm »
On the other hand, pyramidions are 'still' extremely popular.

According to Bubbles (who I will remind to make his post) Pyramidion is still the most used ship, and the most successful in terms of wins vs deaths.

Pyramidion still puts up a good fight and given the right builds for the situation is still very very versatile.

I myself don't want the numbers to change but would like to see a design change in the pyramidion which would open a few new doors, which I've already told the devs about. :)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 04:30:54 pm »
Pyramidion is just very elegantly made, simple to crew and pretty straight-forward to fly. It's very easy to engineer on pyra, because all components are very close together, in good places. Engineering on any other ship is significantly harder. Also, as only ship it has a small, protected baloon, which makes charging with it less risky.

For instance engineering on junker has few problems:
a) long distance from front to back of the ship
b) long way from bottom deck to upper deck
c) ladders which have to be used all the time (for instance in pyramidion it's not a problem because you go on ladder once and that's pretty much it)
d) division of duties on the ship is not obvious (many times I see engineers staying downdeck, and many people do not realise they can hit the hull from the front part of the ship, I think in english it's called the nose?)

I think those kind of things may have not been thought through/playetested enough, so pyramidion has constant advantage of elegant, inteligent design. Combined with effectiveness of combos consisted of two light guns it makes it a great ship to fly and crew.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 04:44:09 pm »
I dont think its elegantly or intelligently made, lol.

Its more like, made to be easy. An example is how the goldfish's side engines have one path that one goes through and backtracks, the pyra has one path that can be taken in 2 ways and takes 3 engines all the while you go trough it like a lap so your right back at the hull again. All the while the helm is real close to the hull making an easy 2 man on hull, the baloon is isolated with 2 others on top so 2 man can baloon.

Almost same principals with galleon, just bigger. 2 people downstairs, and 2 people upstairs. The problem with the galleon is how its survivability is reliant on the busy 2 people upstairs.

There is a reason why the pyra is labeled EASY and the galleon INTERMEDIATE, and the spire HARD. Its mostly based on the format of the ship. Like the mobula being hard.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 07:20:34 pm »

MightyKeb I think you had a stroke when writing that.

David, I think I had a mobile phone in my hand and an undesired lack of a real nap when I wrote that ;-;

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 08:30:59 pm »
With all the respect do we really need another topic about this? Plenty have been made already, you jumped on the wagon too late.
Not saying it out of anything but pure logic of already having about 4-5 topics going on about this.

you'd think muse would get a clue  :P