Author Topic: New guns  (Read 55252 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
New guns
« on: March 25, 2015, 11:31:51 pm »
Just post them here... make this a sticky thread or summat.

Heres one.

Flash bang-disables sight and sound of whole crew.

Chaff-disables all communications of all crew.

Or a combo of both. Flashbang is the instant effect...but the lingering effect is the chaff.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: New guns
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 01:09:57 pm »
Tar Smoke Gun, Alot like the light flak, but makes lingering puffs of smoke on the enemy ships that makes the crew have a difficult time seeing past it wherever it gets hit on.

Disabler, Fires a harpoon like wire with a small AoE wich disables components nearby (Except armor) for 10 seconds. (Disabled, not destroyed, but can be rebuilt to relinquish the 10 seconds faster for that one component). Long reload.

Cloud gun (light gun), Puts a  large cloud that lasts for a minute, but slow firing. Maximum 5. Deploys like the mine launcher, just aproximate 500 meters away or less as default.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 01:26:05 pm »
Ball and chain: fires a harpoon and a single or pair of giant metal balls. Almost no damage, but slows or stops the ascent of the hit ship. To remove, hit the component it is stuck to.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 01:28:36 pm »
Laser gun.
light gun. Would be like a mix between a flamer and the merc field gun.
Max range 1000m so it cant hit things all the way on the other side of the map unless using locnagar or something.

narrow field of fire ( 5 degrees horizontal and down 15 degrees upwards)but long range and instant impact cause its a laser.

small clip of 50 with 6 heat damage per shot and 10% fire chance. burns through ammo about as fast as a flamer so very shot but damaging burst.

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 01:35:47 pm »
I really like the idea of the tar gun that can shoot small smoke clouds at an enemy from range obscuring their view and disabling components. Thats a utility gun I would love to use doesn't have any kill power and not very good against moving targets as they move through the clouds before they are fully formed but still really cool idea!

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:55:01 pm »
I still vote against anything that stops chat.

First, most competitive teams have a out-of-game client. It will only cause additional frustration, and make it less likely for PUGs to win against per-orgazined groups. Second, a lot of your first ten or twenty levels is learning how to effectively communicate. Adding a hindrance will only slow the process.

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 02:13:45 pm »
I agree with dcTentacles disrupting communication in a game about communication defeats the purpose and is just very frustrating, itd be like putting slow shields in a game like COD that block all bullets forcing you to kill the guy with a knife or something, its adding something to the game that actually takes away from it.

Oh and on a side note i dug up some of my old weapon ideas to share:

Howling wolf shotgun: an alternate brawler weapon that deals both explosive and disable damage at short range just to add a bit more variety to brawler builds
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4496.msg75352.html#msg75352

Harrasement scrap gun: a light gun that deals very little damage but with amazing arcs and easy to use allowing for some guaranteed damage and adding more options to bifecta builds.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4488.msg75238.html#msg75238

Shredder canon: an idea for a heavy piercing weapon. Muse already came out with one now and its much more interesting than my plain old boring canon so I actually don't like this one.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4487.msg75236.html#msg75236

Light scorpion: a medium range balloon popper that fires explosive  bolts that deal flechette and explosive damage
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4484.msg75159.html#msg75159

Sonic weapon: my personal favourite as it mixes defence with offence and Muse has not created a gun that can do that yet. It would fire short range slow moving particles in a wide cone that would detonate incoming enemy rockets and explosives and be able to deal shatter and explosive damage up close to enemy ships.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4046.msg69823.html#msg69823

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 02:23:09 pm »
More deployables like the mine launcher would be cool. How about an automated floating turret.(piercing or explosive?) If you can just shoot out one at a time it shouldn't be too bad especially if the reload didn't start till it was destroyed so if you misplace one you have to pop it's balloon or make the best of it.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 03:01:17 pm »
I want a gun that shoots other, smaller guns.
The smaller guns cant fire. Pls Muse.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 03:28:31 pm »

A hwacha with a 20 rockets barrage that fires 20 tiny and effective flamethrowers..

I'd hate to be daniel in that situation.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 03:54:26 pm »
I still vote against anything that stops chat.

First, most competitive teams have a out-of-game client. It will only cause additional frustration, and make it less likely for PUGs to win against per-orgazined groups. Second, a lot of your first ten or twenty levels is learning how to effectively communicate. Adding a hindrance will only slow the process.

My baby AIs know exactly what to do without me ever saying so. Why? point ship very obviously to a target. Obviously I mean shoot that target.

engine goes down. do I need to tell them to go on engines? I use kero and they see engines continue to go down. Do they derp around? No they move their asses.

same with any component and etc.

The only thing I order is fine details like what ammo to use or an elaborate 3 step plan that spans 3 minutes or so.
But in the moment stuff? its pretty clear to them, because common sense.

Laser gun.
light gun. Would be like a mix between a flamer and the merc field gun.
Max range 1000m so it cant hit things all the way on the other side of the map unless using locnagar or something.

narrow field of fire ( 5 degrees horizontal and down 15 degrees upwards)but long range and instant impact cause its a laser.

small clip of 50 with 6 heat damage per shot and 10% fire chance. burns through ammo about as fast as a flamer so very shot but damaging burst.

It already exist. Its called the tesla gun.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:58:34 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 04:15:33 pm »

A hwacha with a 20 rockets barrage that fires 20 tiny and effective flamethrowers..

I'd hate to be daniel in that situation.

just fires small flamethrowers. the small flamethrowers cannot shoot.

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 05:37:55 pm »
tesla gun isnt in the game yet and I doubt it fires at things 1km away
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:40:16 pm by SirNotlag »

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 07:23:28 pm »

Heavy gatling. It's time.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 08:26:57 pm »
Ooooh heavy gattling is so tempting, but it would rival the heavy flak!