Author Topic: New guns  (Read 55243 times)

Offline PixelatedVolume

• Salutes: 2
    • [PIEπ]
    • View Profile
Re: New guns
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2015, 03:52:52 pm »
if they were linked together that would be similar to a cluster bomb, at least the end result. And what is a pepperbox?

Multiple barrels all linked to fire at the same time

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2015, 04:02:39 pm »
ahhh thanks

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2015, 02:50:37 pm »
Bombs! I want bombs that drop straight down without stopping and detonate on contact. Like mines without a balloon.

You could fly over somebody and do a bombing run oldschool style.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2015, 03:01:42 pm »
Bombs! I want bombs that drop straight down without stopping and detonate on contact. Like mines without a balloon.

Maybe not straight down, but I could see an undermounted gun, with 90 degrees down and zero I up, allowing you to only look down, while still aiming around a bit. Would have to be heavy balloon damage, since that is all you will be hitting. I would imagine something with only one shot, so as to avoid blending people forever, as well as a decent sized reload. All together, sounds promising.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2015, 03:12:20 pm »

Maybe not straight down, but I could see an undermounted gun, with 90 degrees down and zero I up, allowing you to only look down, while still aiming around a bit. Would have to be heavy balloon damage, since that is all you will be hitting. I would imagine something with only one shot, so as to avoid blending people forever, as well as a decent sized reload. All together, sounds promising.

I liked your reply, salute for you. Good thinking too. Though instead of 1 powerful bomb I'd prefer at least 3-5 bombs with the power divided amongst them to get that beautiful "waterfall" effect like with WWII bombers.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2015, 03:24:45 pm »

I liked your reply, salute for you. Good thinking too. Though instead of 1 powerful bomb I'd prefer at least 3-5 bombs with the power divided amongst them to get that beautiful "waterfall" effect like with WWII bombers.

Also, both good hull and balloon damage, as, you know, the Mobula, which is the biggest target for bombs too, since it's width.

Offline c-ponter

• Salutes: 14
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2015, 03:28:27 pm »

I actually did that once Last week!
We had a blender with side mines, all mine mobula and munker as teammates and we had an enemy mobula pinned on the floor, but grinding him out would be boring right? Nah that's no fun, so we mined above him and I shot the mines balloon dropping it on our poor unsuspecting mobula for quite possibly the most satisfying kill ever, makes me tear up just thinking about it :')

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2015, 03:42:17 pm »
If they had bombing, squids would become so much more dangerous. Ah mines, i remember a Mine Madness Monday where it was a 4v4, our entire team had boxed in 2 mobulas, ah the mass detonation when they died........ beautiful

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2015, 05:17:36 pm »
You will get your bombing airplanes in coop! But nothing for you to bomb, just them bombing you... huh...

Anyway, my new idea for a gun is a light gun flachatte shatter straight shooting gattling gun. It fires mid range length, no spread and the rate of fire + ammo capacity is 50% that of gattling gun.
So essentialy a mid to close range disabler that requiers good leading.

Ammo that would be most effective is Lesmok, greased and incendiary.
It would pair very well with banshee and on a squid.