Author Topic: Papa P's Week 3 Analysis  (Read 14328 times)

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
Papa P's Week 3 Analysis
« on: April 08, 2013, 05:29:53 am »
I used Qwerty's VODs of the COG week three matches, to analyze strategy and discuss all three games highlights and generally anything I found interesting. I'm very open to critique and would love to hear your thoughts! I'm relatively new to the casting thing so I'm still working on filling deadspace and avoiding 'ums' but that's something that comes with experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxuajxJQtOE

Like, comment, subscribe, I've talked it out with Qwerty and I'm pretty sure I'll end up doing this every week.

Thank You!

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Papa P's Week 3 Analysis
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 06:14:04 am »
This video is great and all of you should watch it, he talks about zones of maps, metas, gameplay style. It covers quite a bit of what I miss in the heat of the moment.
Seriously. Watch it. Now. :D

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 06:15:21 am »
qwerty i feel another snipers match coming for next cogs game

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 09:01:25 am »
This was great. I really enjoyed your analysis.
Looking forward to more.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 10:40:43 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eAhf3nBM0Bs#t=1711s

I am fairly sure it was the Duck who charged. The Bahamut was having to turn at the end for that close range. If anything I think the match showed that with two equal crews sniping isn't too effective since neither team really got an advantage from it and the team that moves up should win.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 01:27:01 pm »
rather liked the analysis

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 03:27:09 pm »
As juvenile as it may be I just had to click on it to see what this was about

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 04:23:47 pm »
good stuff
Subscribe and like!

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 06:22:39 pm »
As juvenile as it may be I just had to click on it to see what this was about

Hahaha that actually really made me laugh

Offline Nephriel

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 10:46:38 pm »
That was a good watch. Very educational.

Offline Moriarty

• Salutes: 18
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:39 am »
Although i disagree with some of your conclusions. This is a fantastic effort that adds to the community and is definitely worth a salute, awesome work.

Edit: Grammar
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:53:47 am by Moriarty »

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 07:52:53 am »
Although i disagree with some of your conclusions. This is a fantastic effort that adds to the community and is definitely worth a salute, awesome work.

Edit: Grammar

Pretty much this, A good watch nonetheless! (And the dirty duck defo rushed first ;))

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 08:21:38 am »
Zill and I had this conversation and what we can determine is, Chango creeped in to test the waters, Smollett called him on his bluff committed him to the attack and rushed in.

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 09:59:29 am »
Zill and I had this conversation and what we can determine is, Chango creeped in to test the waters, Smollett called him on his bluff committed him to the attack and rushed in.

28:11 @ http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam/c/2121425 The Bahamut is moving forward, but is also starting to turn right to bring his left side around to resume sniping, at this stage there was no spots, at 28:17 the dirty duck gets spotted, at this point already moving forwards towards the Gents, at 28:22 The Bahamut realises whats going on and brings front guns around, and gets ready, and a few moments after the first shots are exchanged.

Before 28:17 it doesn't seem that the gents had visibility on the Dirty duck, and seemed to be getting ready to continue the bombardment of the Lucky Duck.

This is my impression based on both being there and reviewing the stream afterwards.

Anyway, it was a great match regardless of this minutia, and I agree with your assessment of the other two matches.

Imo the crows should have slammed into reverse when they came around that corner, as once the ship order is

|Crow spawn| <Crow1> <MNS1> <Crow2> <MNS2> |MSN spawn|

Crow2 can go at MNS2 and get MSN1 up his butt, or try to turn to deal with MNS1 and let crow1 deal with the ship that flew past, none of the options are that great, even more so when you have hawach, which you really don't want behind you, as once your engines are blown, you are dead in the water, and just dead soon after.

All the subs really hurt the crows it seems, and I hope to see them spring back from this!

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 10:17:55 am »
28:11 @ http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam/c/2121425 The Bahamut is moving forward, but is also starting to turn right to bring his left side around to resume sniping, at this stage there was no spots, at 28:17 the dirty duck gets spotted, at this point already moving forwards towards the Gents, at 28:22 The Bahamut realises whats going on and brings front guns around, and gets ready, and a few moments after the first shots are exchanged.

Before 28:17 it doesn't seem that the gents had visibility on the Dirty duck, and seemed to be getting ready to continue the bombardment of the Lucky Duck.

Bahamut's mistake was moving forward at all without Gent's Teabag doing the same. He over-extended from his galleon support and got caught out of proper gun position. Dirty Duck sees it and charges, gets shots in first, and that coupled with the fact Bahamut was a half health got them first kill.

We could argue about it all day, but yea the results are the same.