Author Topic: Sunday Community Skirmish #44 (Signups for Sunday 29th March)  (Read 10118 times)

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile

Sunday Community Skirmish on Facebook
SCS VoDs
The Sunday Community Skirmish is a double elimination tournament event that runs every week with occasional breaks. All matches are 2v2, time limited best of 1s and are normally streamed live on Twitch. Any team of 8 players is welcome to participate.

This signup thread is for the Skirmish at 7pm UTC on Sunday 29th March (3pm EDT) The event is normally streamed by Fourth Oracle, as well as other streamers who vary from week to week. The details of all streams will be made clear on the day of or day before the event. The event has an expected runtime of 2-4 hours.

Signups should be posted in this thread and include a Steam/Skype contact and team name. Signups close at midday (UTC), or 8 AM EDT, on Saturday the 28th of March. Please try to avoid last minute signups.
The bracket and map rolls will be available soon after signups close. (brackets at http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/)
Participants will be contacted when their matches are starting, although it's encouraged to consult the bracket and keep track of the streams so you have a decent idea of when you will be playing.

The complete rules can be found in this document. There is now also a brief summary of the ethos behind the rules and structure of the event.

Please only sign up if you are confident of your ability to produce a full team of 8 players.

The event will continue to follow DOUBLE ELIMINATION format with best of one matches!
Time limit per match remains at 20 minutes, without extra time. Have a look at
this if you don't know how double elimination works.

New Teams Guide:
  • A team needs at least 8 players, all of whom should be available at the event's start time and for the duration of the event. You do not need to include an official roster in your signup. Teams are not required to have any clan affiliation and players are not required to always play for the same team (however playing for multiple teams on one day is not allowed).
  • Signups close at midday (UTC) (8 AM EDT) on the Saturday preceding the event. Your signup needs a team name and at least one contact, preferably with an emergency steam/skype contact. At least one of your contacts needs to be in-game when your matches start, otherwise we may be unable to find you and have to skip your matches.
  • The event bracket, map rolls and a full schedule will be available in this thread on the Saturday preceding the event.
  • When we are preparing to start your match, an organiser will contact you in game with the password and invite you to join them in the lobby. We normally start preparing lobbies 10-20 minutes before the event start.
  • Matches do not start at a set time, so it is best to be in game and ready to go for the entire duration of the event until you are eliminated (or win).
  • The stream links will also be made available in this thread. It's often helpful to watch the streams to have an idea of when your match will be starting.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:39:56 pm by -Muse- Jacob »

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Community Skirmish #44 (Signups for Sunday 29th March)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:05:02 pm »
Notice that as Europe is joining America in DST the event time has been brought back an hour earlier. This will result in no effective change for Europeans and a return to the previous effective time (1 hour earlier) for Americans.

Progress continues with VoD uploads. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ZHvlfkKDmn6KwN8uscZjg
This week's VoDs should be up in the next day or two.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:22:47 pm by Velvet »

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 06:16:35 pm »
Just a little feedback: Could you use different passwords for separate lobbies (or rounds)? I know it kinda complicates things, but so does a random stranger joining on a panicking disorganized all-out-of-subs team :P

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 06:33:27 pm »
Just a little feedback: Could you use different passwords for separate lobbies (or rounds)? I know it kinda complicates things, but so does a random stranger joining on a panicking disorganized all-out-of-subs team :P
the solution to that is for teams not to hand out passwords. If you feel it's really a problem we can always ask people to be more careful about sharing the password, but there's no way we'll use multiple passwords per event. Too much potential for confusion.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 06:22:36 am »

as velvet said, only give the password to players who are on your team.
The referees are told to nicely ask spectators who are not SCS crew or streamers/casters to leave the lobby.
IN some cases we have allowed spectators to watch ,but we always ask both teams if it is alright with them.
If the person in spectate refuses to leave it would be neccesary to create a new lobby with new password for the rest of the event, however this would probaly also result in a complaint towards the clan from which the player hails, and in extreme cases permanent ban from participating in SCS.

The idea of various passwords is a legit suggestion, I tried it long ago with 3v3 tournament. It worked out yes, but referees, players and especially streamers got confused by it. -we are talking maybe 15-20 mins elapsed time for the event.

My job as the "event runner" is to make sure the schedule stays within the goal timelimit of less than 3 hours. So if you see an SCS going over 3 hours, thats because there were too many breaks inbetween lobbies etc. ;)

I hope this clarifies some of the thoughts on the subject Steve, Im 100% with you that for bigger and more competitive events, different pw's would be a better idea, but they also have the luxury of knowing how many teams signed up weeks in advance.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 06:49:42 pm »
Storm Ryders signing up!

Offline LazyPandas

• Salutes: 16
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »
Sir,

I wish to introduce myself to you. i am Col. Lazy Panda Bear (Lazypandas for short), elder brother to major Nat Nyls of Scotland who was the former chief security officer to the military dictator of Nigeria, general Jubulus Dishwasherus Maximus (aka Jub Jub). the late general died unexpectedly on the 29th of march 2015. His colleagues in the army poisoned him in the presidential villa (aso rock) because he ruled Nigeria and SPQR with an iron hand.

With the death of the dictator, elections were held in the country and a civilian administration was sworn into power. with the advent of the new civilian administration, a decision was taken by the president of Nigeria to probe and prosecute all military officers that served in the last military regime of the late general Jubulus Dishwasherus Maximus. my brother, Nat Nyls el Mustapha was singled out by the government of the day as an army officer that must be punished because of his closeness to the late dictator and gross human right abuses on the citizens of Nigeria. my brother and i were best of friends and he shared all his secrets with me. the former chief security officer to the late head of state major Boneses el Boneses had private accounts that are worth 100 million united states dollars around the world. presently he has been arrested by the government of the day and is presently held in prison on trumped up charges on behalf of the state. i was directly informed by my contacts at the presidential villa, that he will be convicted because of his position as the former chief security officer to the late dictator.

shortly before the present government arrested my brother, he entrusted to me the sum of us$30.5m for safekeeping. this amount was to be sent to his main engineer KitKatKitty in Lebanon to launder for him. i have since had this amount with me stashed away a private security company in Nigeria. i cannot send this money to my brother's main engineer any more because of the situation of things over here. i need your assistance in moving and securing this money in your account abroad. i will adequately compensate you with 20% of the total sum for your assistance and co- operation with me to move this fund out of the country.

the present administration collectively retired ninety-two serving officers including myself a couple of months ago. this money is not safe where it is kept any more because there are indications that all the retired officers might have their estate confiscated as part of the current sanitation exercise to stop corruption in the country. already our various private bank accounts have been frozen pending the outcome of their investigation and we are being closely monitored. i intend to safeguard and invest this amount of money abroad with a reliable foreign business partner so that we can invest the funds in real estate business in your country. that is why i am soliciting your assistance and cooperation as regards this business. arrangements have been concluded with a security company that has foreign office in europe and the united states to receive the money in cash depending on where is convenient for you.

**Please sign up the Praetorians for the SCS** and indicate your willingness to assist me by sending to me the following as the beneficiary information; your company's name, address and your private phone and fax numbers so that i can contact you and commence the transaction in earnest.

I am waiting to hear from you very soon.

Best Regards,

Col. Lazy Panda Bear (LPB)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:31:53 pm by LazyPandas »

Offline Assault Pig

• Salutes: 5
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 06:48:00 pm »
Centurions signing up!

Contacts: Assault Pig, Blue.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 11:43:41 pm »
I meant to write a follow up for the Bard Revival Church story, but it's late and I'm too tired, so this week we'll just be signing up as

The Bards

Quite simple.

Contact is Nanoduckling or myself

Offline Mean Machine

• Salutes: 31
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 03:57:54 am »
TTea

Contact Mean Machine or MiztaWildCard

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 01:26:31 pm »
Bracket: http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/sundayskirmish44
Map Rolls: http://pastebin.com/J0A1jDjn

Schedule

This week's organisational contact is Ayetach.

On Fourth Oracle's stream (reffed by Ayetach)
ABDIE

On Heldigris' stream: (reffed by Skrimskraw)
CGH

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 01:17:03 pm »
Minor change: the matches on Heldi's stream (CGH) will be refereed by me instead of Skrim.