Author Topic: More use of the "use pilot tool" function  (Read 21054 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: More use of the "use pilot tool" function
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 06:04:48 pm »
Lets not get onto the topic of what will and won't and just be glad we have a dev team that at least read emails :)

Besides it is something they would want to consider for gameplay before PS4 release, the last thing anyone needs is PS4 pilots who can only kill their own ship by accident :)

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 09:12:34 am »
If there's crossplatform online play it could be pretty hilarious.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 12:46:19 pm »
So, as far as I know, you can't have more than four tools at a time.

Four tools should work with controllers, because, other than the sticks and triangle/square/circle/cross, there's also a pad on the left. So there are four keys for four tools (normal, tool1, tool2, tool3).
So... 4 tools should work with controllers?

However, I would like more use of "use Pilot tool" function. Since Hydrogen, Vent Chute, and Impact Bumpers have a deactivation time, most pilots don't do more than a split second on these tools. If you want them on longer, I guess you could just click again.

(leaving out Drogue Chute. That deactivation time is too damn low!)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 01:06:45 pm »
I don't like there being a use pilot tool button and there shouldn't be on any of the other tools. Having it on other tools means it would take slightly longer to activate and switch tools. With hydrogen for example you only have to flash it on and off, then switch to another tool. I don't see a point of having a pilot tool selected and not activated.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 01:50:48 pm »
I don't like there being a use pilot tool button and there shouldn't be on any of the other tools. Having it on other tools means it would take slightly longer to activate and switch tools. With hydrogen for example you only have to flash it on and off, then switch to another tool. I don't see a point of having a pilot tool selected and not activated.

For keyboard and mouse users I agree, which is why it should be optional or for controllers only (PS4)

Otherwise every scroll through would damage things they don't intend to damage..

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 03:10:16 pm »
Yes but you shouldn't scroll through tools. It's a lot easier and safer to use the numbers.

If you want to use scrolling then a click to activate would be very useful. But I'd highly recommend against it.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 03:43:54 pm »
So, as far as I know, you can't have more than four tools at a time.

Four tools should work with controllers, because, other than the sticks and triangle/square/circle/cross, there's also a pad on the left. So there are four keys for four tools (normal, tool1, tool2, tool3).
So... 4 tools should work with controllers?

However, I would like more use of "use Pilot tool" function. Since Hydrogen, Vent Chute, and Impact Bumpers have a deactivation time, most pilots don't do more than a split second on these tools. If you want them on longer, I guess you could just click again.

(leaving out Drogue Chute. That deactivation time is too damn low!)

This logic only works when everything is just tool use.

Also need spectating controls, task list, chat buttons, score board, movement, turning, zoom, piloting controls etc, etc, etc.

for tool switching I only room for 1 hot key (tool slot 1) and two buttons for scrolling between tools.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:47:15 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »