Author Topic: That Moment When...  (Read 564222 times)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: That Moment When...
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 08:27:42 pm »
That moment when one of your crewmen tells you "No."

There will be blood.

Bacon for the Bacon God!
Grease for the Grease Trap!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 08:36:59 pm »
That moment when one of your crewmen tells you "No."

Better yet: that moment when you tell a noob to get on the front gun, but he stays in the rear left gun shooting at nothing. You start typing in caps to get his attention, and he says "I'm not going to listen to caps from some randomer". Then he says "I wasn't reading the chat because I was listening to the captain", which is obviously not true, since the captain was telling him to get on the front gun.

True story.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 10:02:22 pm »
It's always funny when people start bitching in regional about how Helmic is a shitty captain because he's so bossy.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 10:13:18 pm »
Know what else is funny? When I go into regional and say "I'll answer any questions you have about the game", and the first question I get is "Why is your name yellow?"

I did that today, and Keon jokingly asked "When is boarding coming?" to which I said "Tomorrow". All the noobs took me seriously and got really excited XD

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 10:26:51 pm »
Know what else is funny? When I go into regional and say "I'll answer any questions you have about the game", and the first question I get is "Why is your name yellow?"

I did that today, and Keon jokingly asked "When is boarding coming?" to which I said "Tomorrow". All the noobs took me seriously and got really excited XD

Wow!

I remember in a game where I was teaching a friend of mine how to play the game, me and zill kept telling him to go to the front guns but stayed at the side guns because he had no idea where they were.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:29:09 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 10:45:39 pm »
I remember in a game where I was teaching a friend of mine how to play the game, me and zill kept telling him to go to the front guns but stayed at the side guns because he had no idea where they were.

I've seen that happen too many times. I'm not sure how the ladder can be made any more obvious.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 10:54:27 pm »

Wow!

If I was there, I would've been jumping up and down to get his attention..... :P

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 11:17:40 pm »

I've seen that happen too many times. I'm not sure how the ladder can be made any more obvious.

he found it eventually, it was actually kind of amusing.

Quote from: Shinkurex
If I was there, I would've been jumping up and down to get his attention..... :P

I might have done that if I wasn't busy keeping our ship in one piece.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 11:27:41 pm »
That moment when you look to your other computer desk and see 'Old English 800' keepin' it classy.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 11:41:58 pm »
That moment when you look to your other computer desk and see 'Old English 800' keepin' it classy.

I had to google that........

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 01:55:29 am »

I have that happen a lot myself. We take it for granted, because we know where it is, but they obviously don't. Frustrating yes, but not their fault. :)

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 02:00:35 am »
The moment when you go turn on your bumpers for an incoming ram, and realize you never switched out the moonshine that you had from doing CPs.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 10:05:12 am »
The moment when you know your teammate speaks English because they have an English name that completely forms an idea (Random EG , Look at me a gunner), they respond in chat to you once at the end of the game to type out "Good Game" but throughout he game and lobby they refuse to listen to you, remain gunner, and stay only on the artemis despite the fact that I clearly always need the chain gun firing to keep up my DPS! I mean, did they even READ the manual!

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 10:07:14 am »
That moment when a new player types in chat "What manual?"

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 10:33:10 am »
Sometimes when all I want to do is turn so my main guns are back in arc, I'll take one buffed rotary.

The wrong rotary.