Author Topic: Outcome of Corvus VS Merry Northern Storm  (Read 11490 times)

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Outcome of Corvus VS Merry Northern Storm
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:45:39 am »
5-0 for MNS for those infortunate to have been just on a loo break :P

Anyway well Played Admiral Zill and Merry Northeren storm - obviously you got a better read on us than we had on you - the tactics we had been practicing were best suited against diffirent ships.

I wish we could have given you a better fight that we could, but we have had find some last minute replacements  (we had efectively 4 replacements) - wo got to a point of desperation where we have had asked Satchmo for help (of all the people). We have been lucky for getting help of Count Havelock, Phoebe and Vattic  - thank all of you. Don't think we are blaming you - it is just that we weren't fully used to one other and optimally synchonised (witch comes from constant practice together, witch you can't expect from last moment standins).

Blame is also partialy on me, for not comunicating the ammount of damage the Hawacha does to a hull without armor (something I've been noticing afor a while now, but somehow assumed captains knew - long story). If twin hawacha hits you without armor it takes about half permahull on pyra.

Offline Grayknight

• Salutes: 5
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Outcome of Corvus VS Merry Northern Storm
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:44:26 am »
Quite true. Also, you can never trust a gunner at the wheel. We've learned that now. Let's hope Skrim is back for next week so I can take my rightful place behind a flak cannon once again.

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 10:55:48 am »
Wether we lost or won does not matter as much as we wish we had given you more of a challenge. Unfortunately we couldn't this time around. Congrats on your win. :)

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 12:03:43 pm »
That's three replacements, not four, and those are three good players, sometimes Pasta and Muse pulls from people who've started playing that same day. How the heck did you guys go from having like 30 members to needing 3 replacements?

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 12:12:39 pm »
That's three replacements, not four, and those are three good players, sometimes Pasta and Muse pulls from people who've started playing that same day. How the heck did you guys go from having like 30 members to needing 3 replacements?

I decided to step down from the leadership in the crows, I didn't like the managing part, and I didn't agree with some of the rules we had. Therefore me and aquamac decided we just wanted a single team to focus on, thus we were 8players to begin with, havelock has been given a permanent replacement spot (we apparently need it every week).

then yesterday I could not attend, we had a no show without giving a reason and the third guy is in the hospital.
It's a sh*t week for us, and we need to step our game up if we want to do this. The cogs is not for casual teams.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 01:04:34 pm »
While I cannot say anything about what was going on in game, I can say that I was on edge watching it on the stream (Probably b/c it kept freezing for me, and I had to have Voxx give me a play by play). My hats off to the Corvus for their tenacity. I look forward to meeting you in battle.

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 01:08:57 pm »
we'll gladly do scrimmages, since we are gonna have a week of now.

• Community Ambassador
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »
That's three replacements, not four, and those are three good players

Grayknight was replacing Skrimskraw(1), Captain Lockhear was replacing Greyknight (2), Vattic and Phoebe were replacing SushiDemon and NaterRavenclaw (3&4) hence effectively 4 replacements.As for quality of replacements: I never said they were bad players. It just takes some practice to get best teamwork. It wouldn't help us if we got Smollet, If we didn't click well.

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 03:47:11 pm »
While I cannot say anything about what was going on in game, I can say that I was on edge watching it on the stream (Probably b/c it kept freezing for me, and I had to have Voxx give me a play by play). My hats off to the Corvus for their tenacity. I look forward to meeting you in battle.

I appreciate that Shinkurex. I appreciate we put on a good show for you. I think that is what Cogs is about, putting on a good show. Like I said I do not mind losing as much as having fun, and making them close games. I was just upset because to much happened, and we were already stressed with subs and so many of us never worked together in this way. I believe it takes more character to lose than it does to win. I was just upset cause it was complete shut out. LOL

• Community Ambassador
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 05:29:10 pm »
I was just upset cause it was complete shut out. LOL
EXACTLY!

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 07:11:28 pm »
Hey guys. Yea it surprised me for sure that the match went as it did. Was not at all expecting a shutout, and then afterwards i started hearing about your fill-ins and organizational stuff. I admit its rough keeping all the group together, plus the fact NAF is a separate beast so we have to communicate that way as well.

Stick to it though, cause I really want more teams out there to challenge us. Its always duck season in the cogs nowadays.

gg

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 05:48:30 am »
Hey guys. Yea it surprised me for sure that the match went as it did. Was not at all expecting a shutout, and then afterwards i started hearing about your fill-ins and organizational stuff. I admit its rough keeping all the group together, plus the fact NAF is a separate beast so we have to communicate that way as well.

Stick to it though, cause I really want more teams out there to challenge us. Its always duck season in the cogs nowadays.

gg

I'd like a match again, non ranking, just to get our heads on the right track again.

This was a disaster.
I feel like it's mainly my fault for not being there.