Author Topic: Reports - how do they work?  (Read 4648 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Reports - how do they work?
« on: March 11, 2015, 06:30:59 pm »
As in title. I know that Muse (perhaps with help of CA/mods?) is supposed to read all of those, but is there a set of rules and some real consequences of reports? Like, random example, 20 reports = Ban for a week? (I know Muse doesn't ban anyone, but you get the idea).

On more personal note: Many times I report unresponsive and unable to communicate and/or listen to advice/orders (I don't mean "take this loadout because I farm achievements" orders, more like "Gunner, man the front gun" when on pyra). I wonder if it's worth giving a damn, whether this 'may' cause some effect, or at least some reflection amongst Muse members.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Reports - how do they work?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:44:47 am »
Hey Disaster,

Reports are handled on a case by case basis, so it's difficult to put a number on things like that. Depending on severity and whatnot.

As for reporting unresponsive or uncommunicative players... I generally pick my battles when it comes to something like that. I give the gunner, or engineer the benefit of the doubt first, and attempt to show them what I want them to do... then... after I'm 100% certain they're doing it just to troll, that's when I would through out a report. I've also found that sometimes the people on my ship don't even speak my language, so they don't know I'm yelling at them to take the front gun (that's been mitigated thanks to the in game voice commands though)

Clear Skies!
Shink

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Reports - how do they work?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 08:34:40 am »
As for reporting unresponsive or uncommunicative players... I generally pick my battles when it comes to something like that. I give the gunner, or engineer the benefit of the doubt first, and attempt to show them what I want them to do... then... after I'm 100% certain they're doing it just to troll, that's when I would through out a report. I've also found that sometimes the people on my ship don't even speak my language, so they don't know I'm yelling at them to take the front gun (that's been mitigated thanks to the in game voice commands though)

Well, I do to. I'm always checking whether they can understand voice chat and written chat, if I'm captaining I give V-commands, send PM's, and all this stuff. If I get no response, but guy plays decently, I can even leave him be. But if I get no response and/or guy is acting riddiculously, then it's a report. In this, highly cooperative game where one uncooperative player can ruin a match for whole ship and team being unable to communicate or just follow orders is just ruining the game for others, regardless of being it a troll or incompetence or language barrier. If someone ruins my game - I report him, it's fair enough I think. Regarding the language barrier Muse may make use of my suggestion from old days and translate V-commands (at least in the chat, not voice) and make the responder decide what language they recieve. I wouldn't have been talking about it if it hadn't been a problem that I encounter more often than not.