Author Topic: Workshop items of interest.  (Read 14460 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Workshop items of interest.
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:07:52 am »
I was testing a few things as far as getting items set up in Blender and editing images properly with the nested specular layer in the normal image. This is the result. The Brass Jaw. It is a bit sloppy, but as a PoC, it worked out nicely.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop items of interest.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 03:06:25 pm »
I really like the concept of this (even though I don't have male avatars). My only suggestion would be see if the ends of the jaw pieces can be extended longer. I'd like to see it go a bit further up the cheeks.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 12:12:17 am »
Stope Boltjaw
10/10 would buy.

http://theedgechronicles.wikia.com/wiki/Stope

"Stope signed on with his old friend, Cloud Wolf, as a sky pirate aboard his sky ship. He lost his jaw in a fight with Ulbus Pentephraxis, and fashioned a replacement out of a piece of ironwood, which earned him the nickname "Stope Boltjaw".

Stope accompanied Cloud Wolf on his stormchasing voyage into the Twilight Woods. He lost his ironwood jaw while he and the rest of the crew abandoned ship, and, determined to relocate it, wandered away through the forest, never to be seen again."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 02:57:21 pm »
This is beyond awesome, however I agree with KitKatKitty and would like to see it go further up the cheeks.  Instead of as a supplement, a complete replacement for the lower jaw if you can visualize what I'm getting at.

Offline Cid Ferringer

• Salutes: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 09:57:11 pm »
Really nice!
I hate how there's not AO on the character though, makes it look pasted in/out of place.
And there's no way to solve it from our end, just have to work around it somehow..

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 12:12:57 am »
'dat be proper orky 'dat is!

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 01:28:07 am »
I don't have any current plans on putting more work into this item, as it was just a test. After finding out that the jaw moves independently from the head and would 'slide' through any chin-mounted accessories, I decided to move to other things.