Author Topic: swords  (Read 11424 times)

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
swords
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:10:26 am »
What if there were swords? Not usable weapons, but a bonus misc slot for swords. Instead of a standard misc, these could be rewards, given for certain titles. Level 45 as a class, community ambassador, most wanted person and best bounty hunter. All of them could have unique decorative swords, as a symbol of standing, just as swords were often used in old days. They could also have unique swords as trophies for winning crews of different tournaments. Ideas and opinions?

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: swords
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 01:12:21 am »
I think one of the elite costumes have a sword...I think the elite female pilot? Don't quote me on that.

Personally, I really really want a sword! It fits the character so well to have one, or even a flintlock pistol of sorts would be lovely. Not sure how it could be implemented, other then new costumes overall that include them. I suppose Muse could put in a belt slot for more customization, but I would imagine that it would be hard to integrate that.

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 01:36:04 am »
The more cosmetic items the better. I'd like to eventually see TF2 style taunts/shouts in the game especially since seeing other players on enemy and ally ships is possible but having special cosmetic items would be awesome to have special taunts/ end game win poses attached to them. Like you buy a saber and do a special saber rattling taunt.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 02:08:01 am »
More cosmetics is always a want, though fortress and traveller themes come with props added to the ship, cross bows, bombs, grenades  and swords.  8)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 02:21:27 am »
I'd still like a reason to wave them around. Maybe allow them to give a rally cry sort of effect where your crew responds by cheering back. Maybe tie in with the voices so each voice pack gives a number of responses back to the rally cry. Course you'd have to have a cool down or you'd have people running all over the ship waving swords like a bunch of kids trying to hear all the responses. That might get annoying hearing that being spammed.

Reminds me of keybindings you could do in L4D. If you knew the command code for individual actor voice emotes, you could bind them to keys and spam them. Unlimited "Game over man, game over!" from Zoe got old quick. People would troll with them quite often.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 06:39:28 am »
More cosmetics is always nice, but even in cosmetics area I think there are more important things than swords.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 06:42:37 am »
More cosmetics is always nice, but even in cosmetics area I think there are more important things than swords.

Agreed... Clockwork parrots.  8)
Still the idea holds merit, especially with the show boat that Gilder suggested.  8)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 02:46:40 pm »
I would love for a huge buckshot almost cartoony shotgun rifle hanging on the back of my character

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 02:59:26 pm »
I believe it is called a blunderbuss. Basically a pirate age shotgun, if you are talking about the gun style I am thinking of. The long barrel that spearheads outward as it gets near the end, so the muzzle is larger than the rest of the barrel, right?

Offline MidnightWonko

• Salutes: 5
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 04:41:48 pm »
The more cosmetic items the better. I'd like to eventually see TF2 style taunts/shouts in the game especially since seeing other players on enemy and ally ships is possible but having special cosmetic items would be awesome to have special taunts/ end game win poses attached to them. Like you buy a saber and do a special saber rattling taunt.
Speaking of shouts, has anyone heard the RubberRoss voice samples?  Did he take the voice acting seriously at all?  I mean, I've heard the stuff he's done while playing Sakura Spirit with Arin and Danny.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 04:52:51 pm »
having a trophy that you can carry around on your person is a good idea to me, so I'd be up for that. MUSE could make some money off of it too if they had certain decorative swords available for purchase just like with ship customization.

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 05:44:09 pm »
Yeah, and everyone could start off with a basic rusty cutlass, or a plain wooden sword. Only problem would be that new players would go and buy a bunch of swords, then act all superior. Some swords would have to be specifically earned, unbuyable. They could also have a special donater sword to buy, as an official representation of your support for Muse.

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 11:44:05 pm »
fancy sword doesn't mean much next to a title like powder monkey, same is true for all fancy cosmetics

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 11:48:25 pm »
Perhaps they could even have different swords for different areas? Like an old school longsword for baronies or a katana for yeshan? It would be a cool way to show what faction your character was from/supports.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 10:37:28 am »
Yeah, and everyone could start off with a basic rusty cutlass, or a plain wooden sword. Only problem would be that new players would go and buy a bunch of swords, then act all superior. Some swords would have to be specifically earned, unbuyable. They could also have a special donater sword to buy, as an official representation of your support for Muse.

Prize swords for winning competitive events.