Author Topic: RP Tavern (Name never set in stone!)  (Read 921800 times)

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
RP Tavern (Name never set in stone!)
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:16:01 pm »
So I saw some good RP in the Burning Skies Saloon. Let's have another!

*Doors squeakily open. Camera turns to show who is at the door. There is nobody there!*

Uh, hey? Down here!

*Camera shifts downward, revealing a Kirby wearing a dyed Revolutionary and Khovansky hair.*

Helloooooo? Anyone there? Besides Steve the camera guy?

*The tavern is empty! We need people! Like a bartender and some more patrons!*
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:19:39 pm by Koali »

Offline Mr. Goggles

• Salutes: 11
    • [Nya~]
    • View Profile
Re: RP Tavern (Name never set in stone!)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:59:11 pm »
*Mr. Goggles is shoved haphazardly through a wooden, swinging door behind the bar. He looks back and yells to an unknown character behind the scenes, "..Wait, don't I need some kind of training for this? Aren't you going to I.D. me or something?!" He yells, tripping amongst the various bottles of moonshine and rum. Before he receives any kind of answer the door closes, again. Mr. Goggles still wears his orange engineer overalls and ridiculous goggles. He looks completely out of his comfort zone, but resolves to step into his new position, anyways. He looks awkwardly around, searching for any customers, until he spots the small gentleman stepping into the tavern. "Hello! What can I do for ya?" He says, smiling as large as he can manage. His face remains that way until he receives an answer.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 08:14:39 pm »
*A white haired man dressed in a completely white Khovansky Special Costume strides through the door, followed by a trio of oddly dressed men with strange instruments.*

"Hey, let's get some music in here, eh?"

*Mois Eisley Cantina Theme beings to play*

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi5FhFEY3mM begins to play*

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 11:45:06 am »
**A man steps in just after the band, his slick brown hair tucked in an Arachnida Top Hat and his hands raised to his hips, he bears his trademark-like smug grin

"My my, emptier than my cargo bay after crossing Arashi."

**He slowly and sharply walks towards the counter, his long, elegant boots thumping loudly at every step agains't the bar's aging wooden floor, his assortment of gold painted small knives hanging from his belt gently bumping against eachother. He smoothly seats himself in one of the stools just by the counter, crossing his hands against eachother. He raises himself a bit back from the chair to lean past the counter as he thoroughly examines it's contents while mumbling to himself, "No 'Tender? Huhm."

**He sharpens his stance, still seated at his chair he turns around, his voice raised,

"Could a charitable gentleman prepare us all some fine booze? Perhaps even end up running the place."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:13:45 pm by MightyKeb »

Offline Mr. Goggles

• [Nya~]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 07:35:46 pm »
[There is most definitely a tender... That is my current role! Make sure to read posts before you post, yourself! Or perhaps I wasn't clear enough:/]

"Hmmmm, I didn't know we had a band. How wonderful." Mr. Goggles says to himself before picking up the nearest wash rag and wiping away at some random bottle. He had to at least look the part. He waited until the brightly dressed man [MightyKeb] who had entered after the band sat down at his seat. Mr. Goggles was about to enquire as to the man's tastes before he loudly addressed--Mr. Goggles was unsure as to who the man was addressing.

"Sir! With all due respect, there is no need to shout. I'm right here... Perhaps you hadn't noticed. The lighting in here is quite ineffective, it seems" He says, surprised by the sudden outburst. He gestures towards a lazily flickering orange light behind the counter. Mr. Goggles adjusted his goggles before awaiting the man's reply.

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 08:41:56 pm »
**He turns, with a brow raised at the comically dressed man [Mr.Goggles]

"Oh, hello there! I've been meaning to make conversation with rest of the fellows but the bar is as empty as it was just a minute ago, and by pardon I haven't noticed you at all. Perhaps your makeup wasnt funny enough. But my specialties don't lie in having an appetite or judging fashion, any drink would be fine. Preferably a local favourite."

**His elbows leant on the counter and his hands crossed back, he smiles at the man reassuredly.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 08:48:55 pm »
*The band leader steps down from the small, hastily erected stage made of tables pushed together and strides to the bar.*

"I believe that this fine gentleman here is asking for some moonshine, bartender.  And even if he isn't, pour a round anyway.  I'm mighty thirsty."

*He sits down on stool, spinning lazily.*

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 08:49:57 pm »
*Walks up to the bar and, with some difficulty, climbs up onto a bar stool*

"Poyo!" (Hey, can I get a glass of apple juice?)

Offline Mr. Goggles

• [Nya~]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 08:57:19 pm »
[ShadedExalt and MightyKreb] "Right then, 'tis alright. I can't see you very well, either. Tit for tat, I suppose." He says, chuckling, adjusting his goofy prescription goggles. He nods to the band leader and leans down, searching the lines of bottles under the counter for anything labeled "moonshine." He finds one he fancies, grabs it by the neck and picks it up over the bar and into the light so he can look at it properly. "CAA-rohh-seeeen... Hmm. That can't be right." He leans down again, searches for a few more minutes, and finally produces the item he'd been looking for. "Moonshine. Here we go." He pours two glasses of the stuff. "Enjoy." He slides the glasses over the surface of the counter and to each gentleman sitting there.

"Yeah, well, we're a bit new to town [not sure where we are, yet] and folks just don't seem to know of us too well... Looks like your options on conversations are a bit limited for the time being. What brings you two around? Captain looking for a crew? Crew looking for a captain? Seems that's all it is these days. People needing to get paid. People looking to pay."

[Koali] "Ah! I thought you had passed out there, for a moment. Sure thing." He reaches down again, fumbling lazily for anything that looks like apple juice. He finds a clear bottle with a slight brown liquid in it. "This should do." He thinks to himself. He hands the whole thing over to the short man. "This is about the closest thing you'll find to apple juice in here!" (The drink is a gentle rum with the key ingredient of apples).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:59:02 pm by Mr. Goggles »

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 09:45:15 pm »
"Well, it's hard times right now.  Nobody knows when the world will fix itself, if it ever does, and let's be honest... War is getting closer every day.  Look at what the last one did to the planet!  So people prepare."

*He takes a swig from his glass, draining half of it in one go.*

"Ahh, that hits the spot.  Needed that before I got too glum.  Anyway, what are your opinions on the faulty wood scandal, with that new batch of Pyramidion's and all?"

Offline Mr. Goggles

• [Nya~]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 10:42:12 pm »
"Ahhh. hopefully it'll fix the problem we've been having with captains around here. Any kid off the street could stick a pin to himself and fly one of those things. Now it'll be a 'ell of a lot more dangerous for them. Seems times are coming where anyone can call themselves a commander. This weaker wood might put those snot-nosed kids in there place. Separate the captains from the boys." He wipes off a few smudges on the counter. "At least I hope it does. What about yourself? Are you a captain, engineer, gunner, commoner, trader? How's it effected you?

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 11:19:12 pm »
"Wuayo!" (This is good stuff! But... I'm feeling kinda dizzy...)

*Hops off the bar stool, landing slightly unsteadily. Turns to Mr. Goggles*

"Payo, poy." (Not that you asked me, but I'm a gunner. Oh, and follow up with a tall glass of water-- And be sure it ain't vodka, or you'll find Lesmok powder in the [beer] taps for a week.)

*Strolls over to a nearby table and sits down at a lower, decidedly safer chair, in case he rolls off onto the floor*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:23:02 pm by Koali »

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 11:20:36 pm »
"Ehh.  I have a Pyra in dock myself- Last repair screwed it over, it's ended up with the same problem.  It's not been too bad, I mean on those things once armor breaks you're doomed regardless-  But it's a helluva thing to ram, nowadays, and if you even think you've heard a Scylla, you high-tail it outta there with some of this stuff."

*Raises glass and swirls the drink around.*

"I'm an engineer, mostly, but I pilot on occasion, when I have some coin in my pocket.  Which means I trade, of course.  I'm lucky enough to have gotten in Yesha's good books- I offered to take an old Pyra, Galleon, and 'Fish off their hands.  Pieces of junk, to be sure, but I've fixed 'em up and they're right beauts, now.  And of course, you have that little Junker I cobbled together when I was young, and that wrecked Mobula I, ah, acquired from the Guild.  Never been able to get my hands on a Spire, though... Damn Baronies.  And then of course, you're lucky to even see a Squid, much less get to own one.  In any case, the Fist of the Unicorns (Pyra) is docked a little more often.  The Champagne (Fish) and the Hailfire (Mob) are my primary vessels as of now."

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 11:24:54 pm »
"Wuyo..." (Sorry about your Pyra, man. That might have been me.)

{Thinking: Man, I never have alcohol. Headaches ain't fun when you're all head like me!}
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:29:38 pm by Koali »

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 05:06:28 am »
**The man sternly places down the moonshine he's steadily been sipping ever since it landed

"I've a spire, was a personal reward for some of my, say, deeds. But I haven't used a 'midion for months now."

**He raises his empty glass a bit ,gesturing the bartender to pour another as he looks at [ShadedExalt]

"You sound like a natural at what you do Mister. I on the other hand have found the life in steering a helm. Quite the story behind it actually, should you dare ask."